Dogecoin anyone lol?!

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Another to keep an eye on is DSCR (stock). Used to be a sub-penny stock. I have like 22k shares. i'm up 600% on it

They just partnered with a gold mine to create a gold backed crypto, which is launching today. The crypto is based on ETH blockchain, and will be tradeable. But just like DOGE, the parent company will also get a boom from the crypto value

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
What's the best app to buy crypto with?

There are a few good ones, but I have Robin Hood primarily as well as Coinbase, and I would say those are the two most popular for people just getting into it. Coinbase offers way more crypto options than RH does but RH offers regular stocks as well. There's also Binance which has a ton of crypto but I stopped using that a long time ago.

quad

Established Member
There are a few good ones, but I have Robin Hood primarily as well as Coinbase, and I would say those are the two most popular for people just getting into it. Coinbase offers way more crypto options than RH does but RH offers regular stocks as well. There's also Binance which has a ton of crypto but I stopped using that a long time ago.
I am mining Ethereum to my Coinbase wallet. But I don't buy or trade anything on Coinbase. The fees are too high. So my Coinbase balance keeps growing because of ETH deposits via mining. I have sent some ETH to Binance for trading purposes but have not yet made any moves. I could also mine to the Binance wallet but figured I would just keep that at Coinbase so taxes don't become too complicated.

Binance.com has a ton of cryptos but US citizens can't use it (unless with a VPN but you would do so at your own risk).

Binance.us has quite a bit of cryptos (but not as much as the dotcom version) to choose from but they have delisted XRP. You can still deposit or withdraw XRP but not trade with it. And your XRP balance in USD is not listed. If the SEC and XRP issue is resolved favorably I suspect they will relist XRP for trading. Same goes for Coinbase. But then the price would probably shoot up before you can buy into it. If you want to make a bet now you'll have to go to an exchange that has not delisted XRP and trade tokens into it. Just keep in mind that XRP could go south if the SEC wins their case.

You can also link your bank account on binance.us after going through the KYC process. It will take some time for them to approve your account. I believe they are fully regulated in the USA like Coinbase and their fees are lower than Coinbase.

There are decentralized exhanges that are very popular now for leveraged trading. Pancakeswap (running on Binance Smart Chain) and Uniswap (Running on Ethereum) are some that I have heard of but there are others. Since they are decentralized (well Pancakeswap is really centralized lol) they don't have KYC compliance. I have heard that Coinbase will flag an account that sends a lot of cryptos to or from a decentralized exchange. So if you are going to use those it would be better to avoid that path.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I am mining Ethereum to my Coinbase wallet. But I don't buy or trade anything on Coinbase. The fees are too high. So my Coinbase balance keeps growing because of ETH deposits via mining. I have sent some ETH to Binance for trading purposes but have not yet made any moves. I could also mine to the Binance wallet but figured I would just keep that at Coinbase so taxes don't become too complicated.

Binance.com has a ton of cryptos but US citizens can't use it (unless with a VPN but you would do so at your own risk).

Binance.us has quite a bit of cryptos (but not as much as the dotcom version) to choose from but they have delisted XRP. You can still deposit or withdraw XRP but not trade with it. And your XRP balance in USD is not listed. If the SEC and XRP issue is resolved favorably I suspect they will relist XRP for trading. Same goes for Coinbase. But then the price would probably shoot up before you can buy into it. If you want to make a bet now you'll have to go to an exchange that has not delisted XRP and trade tokens into it. Just keep in mind that XRP could go south if the SEC wins their case.

You can also link your bank account on binance.us after going through the KYC process. It will take some time for them to approve your account. I believe they are fully regulated in the USA like Coinbase and their fees are lower than Coinbase.

There are decentralized exhanges that are very popular now for leveraged trading. Pancakeswap (running on Binance Smart Chain) and Uniswap (Running on Ethereum) are some that I have heard of but there are others. Since they are decentralized (well Pancakeswap is really centralized lol) they don't have KYC compliance. I have heard that Coinbase will flag an account that sends a lot of cryptos to or from a decentralized exchange. So if you are going to use those it would be better to avoid that path.

Yep. I initially was on Coinbase and Binance back in 2017-2018 before the US version dropped I believe so that was a little sketchy feeling using a Chinese exchange, but I never had issues with using them. When I set all my accounts back up this last year I just used my old Coinbase account and then opened a RH account as well and I primarily use that.

Another big exchange is eToro, right? I have never used it but I keep hearing about it.

quad

Established Member
Yep. I initially was on Coinbase and Binance back in 2017-2018 before the US version dropped I believe so that was a little sketchy feeling using a Chinese exchange, but I never had issues with using them. When I set all my accounts back up this last year I just used my old Coinbase account and then opened a RH account as well and I primarily use that.

Another big exchange is eToro, right? I have never used it but I keep hearing about it.
Lol yes Alec Baldwin shills eToro on YouTube. I see his videos all the time.

I only use Coinbase and Binance. But I will start looking at others. I have a Kraken account but the recent Ethereum flash crash on it makes me not want to use it.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
One thing to keep in mind when using Robinhood to trade Crypto assets is that you never actually own what you have on RH. That's to say that you can't decide to pull it out and move it to a different wallet without selling it and incurring a tax event. It is basically a ledger that they manage without ever giving you possession of the Crypto. That may not deter some people who aren't worried about backing up their assets on a physical drive in their possession but thought I'd inform you on it.

I posted about it in the Bitcoin thread, but anyone deterred from using Coinbase because of their fees should switch over to Coinbase Pro. It is still a free to download exchange/wallet, but the fees are substantially lower than the regular Coinbase.

I use multiple exchanges. I take advantage of RH for no fees on the assets that I plan on selling at certain price points I've decided on this year and I use Coinbase Pro for my longer term holding since it is my own wallet that has my actual Crypto on it.

EDIT: To give you an idea of the difference in fees on Coinbase vs Coinbase Pro. A purchase of ETH for $1000 cost me $14.68 in fees on Coinbase. After I switched to Coinbase Pro I made an ETH purchase of $1500 and the fees was $7.49.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
One thing to keep in mind when using Robinhood to trade Crypto assets is that you never actually own what you have on RH. That's to say that you can't decide to pull it out and move it to a different wallet without selling it and incurring a tax event. It is basically a ledger that they manage without ever giving you possession of the Crypto. That may not deter some people who aren't worried about backing up their assets on a physical drive in their possession but thought I'd inform you on it.

I posted about it in the Bitcoin thread, but anyone deterred from using Coinbase because of their fees should switch over to Coinbase Pro. It is still a free to download exchange/wallet, but the fees are substantially lower than the regular Coinbase.

I use multiple exchanges. I take advantage of RH for no fees on the assets that I plan on selling at certain price points I've decided on this year and I use Coinbase Pro for my longer term holding since it is my own wallet that has my actual Crypto on it.

That's a good point. I was trying to show my gf how easy it is to transfer crypto by basically inputting the amount and then copying and pasting a link, but as I looked on RH I realized they don't have that so that does suck that it is like that and you don't have that control.

phils04gt

Established Member
How high will it go...

I have a good amount but just not ready to let it go yet. Might wait it out another year. Have a feeling after this weekend it's going to do a big ol dip but will recover eventually.

quad

Established Member

EDIT: To give you an idea of the difference in fees on Coinbase vs Coinbase Pro. A purchase of ETH for $1000 cost me $14.68 in fees on Coinbase. After I switched to Coinbase Pro I made an ETH purchase of $1500 and the fees was $7.49.
I still have a Coinbase Pro account and used it last in 2018. Binance kills Coinbase Pro with lower fees. And they have gems like Doge available. Coinbase does have some tokens not currently on binance.us. Binance.com is the best of them all and it sucks that US citizens cannot use it anymore (unless via vpn at your own risk).

Binance US vs Coinbase Pro | Shrimpy Academy

The Binance US trading fees are far superior to Coinbase Pro in every way possible. Binance US is both more friendly towards small traders who don’t expect to execute more than $50k in trading volume, as well as whales who plan on executing north of $1B in trading volume each month.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I still have a Coinbase Pro account and used it last in 2018. Binance kills Coinbase Pro with lower fees. And they have gems like Doge available. Coinbase does have some tokens not currently on binance.us. Binance.com is the best of them all and it sucks that US citizens cannot use it anymore (unless via vpn at your own risk).

Binance US vs Coinbase Pro | Shrimpy Academy

The Binance US trading fees are far superior to Coinbase Pro in every way possible. Binance US is both more friendly towards small traders who don’t expect to execute more than $50k in trading volume, as well as whales who plan on executing north of $1B in trading volume each month.

Well they should stop being bitches and verify my damn account already then! Lol

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Anyone in Safemoon? I might edit this post later but I have 400M as a "**** it" type of play. Only other holdings right now are ETH and BAT from years ago.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
Anyone in Safemoon? I might edit this post later but I have 400M as a "**** it" type of play. Only other holdings right now are ETH and BAT from years ago.
I have about the same position into it. I think it could go places. Hell even if it hits a penny.... Even right now I'm well over double if I were to pull the plug on it. Plus since 5% goes back to holders I'm about 70k up from my purchase.
The route I took was Coinbase -> XLM -> BitMart -> XLM/USDT -> USDT/SAFEMOON

I'm not sure if that's the best, but it's what I did.
I did the Trustwallet, Smart Chain BNB, Pancake swap. Just make sure you're getting the smart chain version of BNB since there are two BNBs listed on Trust.

Wasn't bad at all. Hopefully they start getting listed on some exchanges for direct purchase soon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Another to keep an eye on is DSCR (stock). Used to be a sub-penny stock. I have like 22k shares. i'm up 600% on it

They just partnered with a gold mine to create a gold backed crypto, which is launching today. The crypto is based on ETH blockchain, and will be tradeable. But just like DOGE, the parent company will also get a boom from the crypto value

What platform do you trade off of?

Users who are viewing this thread