Does your girlfriend....

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
Does your girlfriend every get mad if you hang out with you friends too much?

I'm sure most answers are yes, but I'm having an issue.

My gf of 11 months thinks I choose my friends over her, and the argument is getting old. I typically see the guys on Friday after work, but the rest of the week is devoted solely to my gf. I've tried to include her with my 'guys night' but she doesn't always want to come. I want her to feel accepted, and they've made her feel accepted.

I think the issue is that she doesn't have many close friends, as mine are like my brothers (most of them I've know for 10+ years). She says 'in the future, you won't have much time for friends' (due to marriage, kids, etc, and I get that) All of my friends have obligations now, but we make time for hanging out once a week to have a beer and catch up.

FWIW, I'm 30, she is 26. We value a lot of the same things generally, but I'm getting tired of the friends vs her argument. She says I don't want to grow up, and I think she is just making me choose. Looking for outside opinions.

Any advice welcome.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
you need to find a new GF. she is going to be wearing the pants in the family.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
What he said^

Kick her to the curb

and post pics!

Ironhand

Banned
So she's 26 and acts like she is 16? WTF?

Either have a talk with her to straighten it out or do as said above. And no it wont get better with time.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
just some friendly advice, if you think its bad now....wait until a year from now. if she needs that much attention, you better leave now. its not going to get better. it only gets worse. she will start feeling neglected. start complaining to her hairdresser and girlfriends and family...and before you know it....some dude hears it and sees a wounded gazelle limping through the plains and one night while your with your buds, shes getting railed like never before screaming with every O face.

i used to be that guy who looked for the wounded gazelles.

Last edited:

hurikane85

Established Member
This is the exact girl I married lol. I have alot of close friends and she doesn't. It makes me feel obligated to spend alllll the time with her. I ended up breaking it off at one point and she did lighten up when we got back together. She even recommends I need to do things with my friends now. So they can change, but sometimes it takes the balls to walk away if they don't.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Every thread the advice is to dump her, anybody ever try to work things out anymore?

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
Plain and simple, you'll either straighten her out or you won't. And then you can listen to the bantering for ever or move on.

ViciousJay

Established Member
your lucky you get to hang out with people, i have to sit next to mine on the couch and hear how im on here more then paying attention to her as she plays her goofy iphone games

mavisky

Established Member
just some friendly advice, if you think its bad now....wait until a year from now. if she needs that much attention, you better leave now. its not going to get better. it only gets worse. she will start feeling neglected. start complaining to her hairdresser and girlfriends and family...and before you know it....some dude hears it and sees a wounded gazelle limping through the plains and one night while your with your buds, shes getting railed like never before screaming with every O face.

i used to be that guy who looked for the wounded gazelles.

This man speaks the truth. Ive hunted these same African plains for these same limping gazelles and their complaints sounds just like hers. A couple weeks of texting and "wow what an a hole, i could never do that to someone like you" comments and shes eating ****.

Misspelled while on the crapper via my Droid Razr

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
My fiancé doesn't have close friends like i do. She's spends all her time on Facebook thinking everyone's life is perfect and hers sucks. So I laugh and say there having so much fun that they are looking for people to tell them there having fun?

You girlfriend needs to see that your friends are a big pArt of who you are, if she doesn't like that than she's gone. Plain and simple

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Yeah thats a serious red flag. Marriage only magnifies this 10x. So like the others said, straighten it out now, or forever hold your peace.

oldmodman

Established Member
Just give her a little behavior modification.

Spanking is always a good fallback position and it's fun too.

And be sure to block her from texting you all the time.

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
Every thread the advice is to dump her, anybody ever try to work things out anymore?

It's the iPod generation. Something you don't like or doesn't work? Delete and find a new one.

Op sit her down and tell her they are your friends, you will hang out with them and she needs to stop being a nazi. If my wife gave me shit about seeing my friends once a week I'd be pretty concerned.

Ace5Oh

Established Member
Plain and simple, you'll either straighten her out or you won't. And then you can listen to the bantering for ever or move on.

+1.

Kinda went thru the same thing OP talked about. Gave her more attention she wanted made her my "priority" well she was getting all my attention, but yet she tried switching it up by putting her friends first all of a sudden
Not making time for me, us so I ended it.

Users who are viewing this thread