Does MW3 require faster internet connection?

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I finally got this stupid game today and right as I go on multiplayer, the game gets slow and very choppy. I have att internet but not the fastest that they offer so could this be the issue?
Also, Im on the campaign, Im stuck in the submarine level, Im told to "hold position at the door" but nothing happens. I restarted at last checkpoint, and left the game and returned and still nothing happens. WTF am i suppose to do?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
What your d/l and u/l

Also you need to know who the host is in the game to know why your connection would be bad

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Think its time for you to get on xfinity. Me and my roommate dont have any issues.

i never had any issues with MW1 or 2 or for that matter any other online game. This really blows. If i cant get it to work then im just gonna sell it right after i beat the campaign

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Could be the connection just needs to be reset. Unplug your router and cable from the router and let it sit for a minute, then plug everything back in.

03 VENOM

Established Member
becareful with at&t...they charge for how much you use. a co worker got a 400.00 bill a few days ago

That is the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

I've always had great results with my 6 mb dsl service.

To the OP: what's your NAT type? Are you using a router?

Planter

Banned
I finally got this stupid game today and right as I go on multiplayer, the game gets slow and very choppy. I have att internet but not the fastest that they offer so could this be the issue?
Also, Im on the campaign, Im stuck in the submarine level, Im told to "hold position at the door" but nothing happens. I restarted at last checkpoint, and left the game and returned and still nothing happens. WTF am i suppose to do?

problem located. pickup phone, call att, disconnect service, call comcast, connect service. problem solved.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
problem located. pickup phone, call att, disconnect service, call comcast, connect service. problem solved.

This.

We went from having issues daily with our ATT Broadband, would have to reset modem/router daily, would drop the connection about every hour and reset after a few minutes. We couldnt download torrents, they wouldnt get above around 100kb/s to make downloading even a dvdrip even feasible.

Went Comcast mid range service (think 16mb down with speedboost) and my parents have had 2yrs of non-stop uptime, the only time theyve had issued is when their older modem died (previous Docsis version). Tech came out, plugged in a new docsis3.0 and they now went from 22mb down to around 27-28mb down consistent. Hell I have their 12mb plan and see around 20mb spikes with high teens consistent. I download blu-ray rips weekly and will start it at night and itll be done before I leave for work in the AM.

Real good advice telling him to dump AT&T and get commie crap. LOL

And ATT isnt?

Good luck with your DSLol. 6mb down, my iPhone can do better on crappy 3G.

truefiveo

Established Member
What most people don't know is online games don't require as much bandwidth as some may think.

I can play all online games fine on my 1mb 3g phone/pc connection with very little ping.

Open you network control center and actually look at the download/upload bandwith usage of online games..its very low!

whtgt02vert

turned to the darkside.
Established Member
That is the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

I've always had great results with my 6 mb dsl service.

To the OP: what's your NAT type? Are you using a router?

This OP. I am gonna have to check my NAT Type because it will only allow me to play survival mode smoothly.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
What most people don't know is online games don't require as much bandwidth as some may think.

I can play all online games fine on my 1mb 3g phone/pc connection with very little ping.

Open you network control center and actually look at the download/upload bandwith usage of online games..its very low!

Ive yet to see a 3G network with latency that is low enough for gaming, this includes all 4 major providers.

4G speeds ive seen around 24mbps down with 64ms ping, which would allow for a nice gaming connection.

truefiveo

Established Member
Ive yet to see a 3G network with latency that is low enough for gaming, this includes all 4 major providers.

4G speeds ive seen around 24mbps down with 64ms ping, which would allow for a nice gaming connection.

Wow I had no idea 4G was that fast!

What phones have 4G capability?

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Wow I had no idea 4G was that fast!

What phones have 4G capability?

LTE gets much faster than that. Pings are quite good also but this is more or less dependent on MIMO tech and how many users are within a certain cell.

Users who are viewing this thread