Does anyone's E-brake light come on when braking?

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
I have noticed recently that when I step on the brakes hard from like 60+, the E-brake light comes on. I think its pretty funny, anyone else have this problem?

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
Check your brake fluid, it usually comes on when the fluid is low in the master cylinder...

7DMACH1

Established Member
When you brake pads start to ware, the piston on the calipers is closer to the rotor. Therefore there is space where the piston used to sit. You must put in more fluid to take up this space. RAY

Chris C

Established Member
I have that problem too!!! It also happens to me when i winde out a gear and let it cost back down while still in gear. :shrug:

stang99

I had this problem and, even though it appeared that I had a safe amount of brake fluid, when I topped it off the problem went away. My brakes are about shot but the Ford dealer just inspected them and said that they had 6mm left. Pads are not cheap from FordPartsNetwork so I am trying to get as much as I can out of them. I have 33000 miles on them but I think that heating my Nittos has not improved their life.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I have this problem as well. Mine always does it under hard braking from high speeds. I have about 8500 miles on my car. I just put in some more fluid and havent tested it since, mine was below max when I topped off the fluid.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
mine does that too. I will check the fluid. I was going do a search and see what everyone came up with but I am too lazy, so I will just top of the fluid if it needs it.

Users who are viewing this thread