• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

does anyone run centrifical on a road race car?

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by silver02stang, Aug 24, 2008.

1. silver02stang

silver02stang Just a GT Established Member

after checking out the Northwoods Cobra Club last weekend at Road America I noticed that most (if not all) the forced induction cars where running roots type. Whipple seemed to be the blower of choice. What about Procharger or Vortech?

Thoughts?

2. TwinTurbo4vGT

TwinTurbo4vGT Slowest GT alive :) Established Member

not a good blower to run on a road course. You need instant boost and a centri blower just wont cut it.

3. LS1PUSSOUT

LS1PUSSOUT Banned

griggs racing uses a vortech blower on their sn95 cobra that runs in the american iron class....traction is a good thing

4. AntiHeightPunk

AntiHeightPunk New Member Established Member

i think the cent. would make driving it easier, not like your ever out of a cent. superchargers range anyway...or else you are doing something WAY wrong

5. MattP 343

MattP 343 New Member Established Member

http://gr40cars.com/media/videos/Laguna.html

:dw::lol1:

6. UncleAnt

UncleAnt Active Member Established Member

7. LS1PUSSOUT

LS1PUSSOUT Banned

yea but its not a roots blower either. Only thing I heard roots and twin screws were good for is drifting...

8. dtheo

dtheo FUBAR Enforcer Established Member

i think is the centi, read about it somewhere, i'll find it. I would think the centi has better cooling capabilities than its competitor. Go over and ask the OPEN TRACK forums guys who do have them, you'll give you .02.

:beer:

9. GR-40 Pat

GR-40 Pat New Member Established Member

Wrong

TT = Track Toy

That car uses a Paxton blower, John's '98 Cobra uses a Vortech both are centrifical blowers less heat soak and none of the on/off power that the twins screws have.

You see alot of twin screws because you see alot of 03/4 Cobra's on track they are the ones that usually have the money to goto track events. Twin screws are not ideal for open tracking, yes they have great power out of the turns and down the straights but they also heat soak very fast and which means less power as a 20-30 minute session goes on. That instant power can also be a BIG problem coming off turns for the driver that doesn't know how to control the right foot.

Patrick

10. 98 Saleen Cobra

98 Saleen Cobra Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

Centi here and yes as stated by GR-40 Pat griggs cars use centri blowers. Also his 98 uses the vortech air-water aftercooler. Plus centi blowers love RPMs which really help on a road coarse where as a roots/screw type blower don't most of them have to shift at around 6k to keep it from heat soaking where as centri blowers you can spin to 7k-7.5k easily..

11. MattP 343

MattP 343 New Member Established Member

No, Its a Novi2200. See Post Below.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

12. Mike_Galimi

Mike_Galimi New Member Established Member

The Centrifugal is nice for road racing because the power goes up as rpm goes up. The twin-screw blowers come on hard down low, not fun when pushing through a turn. Centrifugal blower will make the engine act like a big-inch bullet under the hood.