Does anyone need a 1994/95 oem Cobra driveshaft?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I was in my attic last week and noticed I have a Ford Racing box with an original 1994/95 steel shaft that was out of one of my 1995 2-Top Cobra's. If I remember correctly the Cobra shaft is better balanced and has a hardened yoke vs. the Mustang GT shaft?

I am wondering if someone on here has a "roller" or a rebuild that needs a correct original driveshaft? Neither of my two 2-Tops had many miles on them, I believe this shaft came out of the car with approx. 6500 original miles, the shaft was fine and I only removed it to put a FRPP alum. shaft in it's place while I was replacing a previous owner install Flow Master catback with the correct oem.

I can get it out of the attic and take some pictures if anyone is interested?

Thanks, Robert

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Funny, I have my stock one still as well...

Mine has been sold and shipped a couple of weeks ago. The buyer wanted a lower mile correct original steel shaft for a lower mile 1995 Cobra that he inherited and the plan was to find and install the very few parts that had been changed over the years. The patina and miles on my shaft closely matched what was needed to make this car correct again.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
While I was digging through my picture archive I found some other pictures that may be of interest to some on this forum, it is the side-by-side comparison between the oem 1994/95 SVT Cobra driveshaft and the oen 1995 Cobra R driveshaft.

The 95R shaft is longer and is the same diameter for the full length and does not "get smaller" at each end like the 94/95 SVT Cobra shaft....

Picture645.jpg

Picture646.jpg
Picture647.jpg

Picture649.jpg

Picture648.jpg

^^^^Note that the surface rust is thin enough to still see the original Ford Assy. Line markings.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Are those paper towel rolls? That's creative.

Actually no, they are thicker material protective sleeve and were installed for shipping purposes on the FRPP Alum. shafts that replaced these oem shafts. I thought it would be a good idea to use them on the yokes of the oem shafts to help protect them while stored.

R

Last edited:

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
The 95 R driveshaft is probably longer due to FORD using the Tremec 3550 transmission, as I do recall Steeda selling a driveshaft spacer for those that swapped out their T5 in favor of the 3550.

How much would you want for that driveshaft you have?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The 95 R driveshaft is probably longer due to FORD using the Tremec 3550 transmission, as I do recall Steeda selling a driveshaft spacer for those that swapped out their T5 in favor of the 3550.

How much would you want for that driveshaft you have?

Yes, I had one of the Steeda spacers and was at one point going to put a FRPP alum. shaft, along with that spacer in my 95R, but that was 18-20 years ago, the 95R has been sold long ago, the spare 95R shaft I showed in those photo's sold to a member on the Cobra R forum years ago and the oem 1995 Cobra driveshaft from my original post sold for $150 shipped a few weeks ago, so all driveshafts related to my SN95's are gone.

If you are looking for an oem 1994/95 Cobra driveshaft, Mark C in the second post of this thread may sell his?

R

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Wish I had seen the thread sooner too... LOL

Good pics Robert, thanks for showing the comparison! Definitely useful for anyone now restoring a regular 94/95 Cobra or a 95R.

Users who are viewing this thread