Does anyone know where this bolt goes?

HPLouis

Established Member
Hi,
Does anyone know where this bolt goes?
28465043687_96b6d5e41d_z.jpg

28465044807_e2b56a6bbd_z.jpg

28465046937_a6e6103b4d_z.jpg

It’s driving me crazy. The prior owner put a pulley with idlers, replaces the amp and speakers in the trunk, replaced radio headunit, speakers in the door, battery, hoodstruts, exhaust, midpipe, rims, intake, put led’s in the headlights and fog lights, put a radiator cover, removed the hood strut, Pro-5.0 shifter.

I put everything back to stock, except for the radio, rims, exhaust and intake. I can’t find out where this came from.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_1185.JPG
    IMG_1185.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Look for a square hole that bolts to something. The bolt hat looks to fit in a square hole that bolts to something. Best I can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HPLouis

Established Member
It's not with the idlers or pulley in the engine bay because I was just in there and put it all back to stock. It's not in the shifter because I put that back to stock. It's not in the intake because I just accounted for all those parts. It's not the exhaust either because I swapped out the ProChamber and the ATAKS. It's not the LED lights because I removed those. It's not the hood struts or hood prop rod because I accounted for that too. It's not the radiator cover because I put that back to stock.

All that's left are the rims and battery and it won't be that. I'm wondering if it's something from the radio? The whole radio, from the headunit, to the amp, speakers in the door, rear deck etc was all redone. I wonder if this was a bolt through a square hole that had a nut attached?

HPLouis

Established Member
I don't think it's from the engine bay because it doesn't have that oxidation that bolts and nuts from the engine bay get.

MG0h3

Established Member
I’d look around the radiator support.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
It looks like something that would go from inside the fender to hold something with a nut on the other side. Like the clutch cable or the battery box. My best guess. I feel it is definitely going into a square hole and is made to act like a stud to hold something.

Does it have a texture like it is a coated fastener>? Like does it have a texture that feels like an anti corrosion on it?

The guy with the radiator guess may be a good shot if it is.

Good Luck!

93VORTECH

Established Member
It's from a Honda Accord. Somehow the old owner mixed it in with the box of parts. Just throw it out. ;)

HPLouis

Established Member
It looks like something that would go from inside the fender to hold something with a nut on the other side. Like the clutch cable or the battery box. My best guess. I feel it is definitely going into a square hole and is made to act like a stud to hold something.

Does it have a texture like it is a coated fastener>? Like does it have a texture that feels like an anti corrosion on it?

The guy with the radiator guess may be a good shot if it is.

Good Luck!

Thanks,
I'll check the battery box. He did put a Optima battery in there and when I looked up Optima, they didn't make a battery that fit this car. They might have modified something to make it fit.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I’d just throw it in the trash, but you can check the sway bar. I know the “hoops” that hold it to the frame are studded like that.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not going to be easy to find where that bolt goes. Hopefully you'll get lucky. I had a bolt that I found one day in my old '03 Cobra. I could not figure out there it went. The Cobra is long gone and the bolt still sits in my garage cabinet. This thread just reminded me to throw it out. LOL.

How/where did you find this bolt?

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
You do know that OCD ,is an excuse to act poorly .
There is no such thing , until insurance came along ...good luck sir .

HPLouis

Established Member
Not going to be easy to find where that bolt goes. Hopefully you'll get lucky. I had a bolt that I found one day in my old '03 Cobra. I could not figure out there it went. The Cobra is long gone and the bolt still sits in my garage cabinet. This thread just reminded me to throw it out. LOL.

How/where did you find this bolt?

It was in the bag of stock parts that the seller gave to me. I don't think it was outside since it doesn't have the same oxidation like the other bolts in the engine bay, or under the car, etc. I'm thinking it's from the inside since he did remove the whole Mach 460 system and replaced it. The amp, speakers, headunit, etc. have all been replaced.

Thankfully, he didn't cut any wires or destroy anything during the Mach 460 replacement. He ran alot of new wiring throughout the car, under the carpets, in the panels, etc. so I'm guessing this must have come from the Mach 460 removal.

HPLouis

Established Member
You do know that OCD ,is an excuse to act poorly .
There is no such thing , until insurance came along ...good luck sir .

I don't really have OCD, I'm just talking smack. But, on another note, I'm hoping that someone that is suffering from OCD isn't insulted by what I'm saying. I'm just trying to make light of this bolt, not the issue of OCD.

HPLouis

Established Member
carriage bolt..

not from this car..

You might be correct. The prior owner and his dad had a few cars they were working on and they talked about all the project cars they've done over the years. This bolt does have a different coating than all the other bolts so it might not be for this car.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
It goes in the trash can. Put it aside like Bob did if you really wanna hold out and hope to find a hole for it in the future. As hotcobra said, it’s a carriage bolt that doesn’t go on these cars. I’ve taken my car apart pretty far and have never seen a bolt like that.
5655959e08385a7f5097b9a890bbeb80.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It was in the bag of stock parts that the seller gave to me. I don't think it was outside since it doesn't have the same oxidation like the other bolts in the engine bay, or under the car, etc. I'm thinking it's from the inside since he did remove the whole Mach 460 system and replaced it. The amp, speakers, headunit, etc. have all been replaced.

Thankfully, he didn't cut any wires or destroy anything during the Mach 460 replacement. He ran alot of new wiring throughout the car, under the carpets, in the panels, etc. so I'm guessing this must have come from the Mach 460 removal.
I guess it could have somehow found its way into the previous owner's bag of stock parts. Could be that he found it laying around and assumed it belonged to his car. Or maybe he put it there purposely to blow your mind. LOL. But seriously, you'll probably never know. Bottom line is that (A) you don't know where it came from, and (B) everything is fine at this point with your car without it.

Users who are viewing this thread