Does anyone know how to set the exhaust to SPORT mode as the default setting?

Shelbyman

Established Member
I have the 2016 with Track Pack. I'm not sure if this can be done but I would like to. Since I love to hear it on the SPORT mode I would like to set that as the default mode. Every time I kill the motor it defaults back to the quiet mode and its annoying. Then I have to go in through the display to switch it back to SPORT. Any ideas...:shrug: Thanks!!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Can't do it.

I'm the same way, I would've wanted that.

I think a forum member had his welded open.

Shelbyman

Established Member
Damn...that was not the reply I was looking for. :fm: I was thinking since all that stuff is controlled through the display and that comes from the computer that some techno brilliant guy would have figured out how to get in there and change the code to the opposite of what it is now.....:idea:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Damn...that was not the reply I was looking for. :fm: I was thinking since all that stuff is controlled through the display and that comes from the computer that some techno brilliant guy would have figured out how to get in there and change the code to the opposite of what it is now.....:idea:

I guess maybe an aftermarket tuner could.

I was just speaking in stock form.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You should call Lethal Performance. They're probably as in tuned to the car as anyone else.

Shelbyman

Established Member
Well I called both VMP and Lethal and talked to them about this. Unfortunately there currently is no computer fix for this issue. Ohhhhhhhhh well....not so hard to live with it.

krt22

Established Member
Just use the drive mode switch? Tap it twice and its in sport mode?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
VMP has a car also Nick.

Correct. I couldn't remember who else had one, I just remember seeing Lethal running the ads.

Just use the drive mode switch? Tap it twice and its in sport mode?

He's wanting it to start in sport exhaust mode every time he starts the car, he doesn't want to have to switch it.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I'm not having any luck finding pictures of how it's set up. My thought is there is one wire that closes the valve and one that opens it. Is it possible to switch those wire so by default, it pushes it open? Or like what the Corvette guys do and pull the fuse to keep theirs open for good? I can't imagine it being that complicated.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm not having any luck finding pictures of how it's set up. My thought is there is one wire that closes the valve and one that opens it. Is it possible to switch those wire so by default, it pushes it open? Or like what the Corvette guys do and pull the fuse to keep theirs open for good? I can't imagine it being that complicated.

That's probably going to be the way to do it for now. It's had to tell when (or if) you'll be able to do it with a tune.

Shelbyman

Established Member

Thats a very interesting thought you've brought up. Maybe thats the way to go about it. I'll have to check the fuse box to see if there is one labeled something close to that operation. Then pull it and see if it pulls codes or not. Maybe someone will chime in on it.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Dude you just flick the switch twice. Takes 10 seconds.

People are generally more impressed when they hear it get louder, than it being loud all the time

Last edited:

Shelbyman

Established Member
Dude you just flick the switch twice. Takes 10 seconds.

People are generally more impressed when they hear it get louder, than it being loud all the time

You miss the point completely. Anyway with the Track Package there aren't any switches on the console to flip. It has to be done through the steering wheel controls.

krt22

Established Member
You miss the point completely. Anyway with the Track Package there aren't any switches on the console to flip. It has to be done through the steering wheel controls.

Yeah, but if you hit the drive mode button twice (+ sign) they open up when the car goes into sport mode, ive logged 25 miles and I can do it now without having to look at the scree, so a Non issue for me.

I guess I could understand the annoyance if you want the suspension/steering in normal mode but the valves open, I have not tried that yet.

but im pretty sure the valves are open for a cold start, I will need to put a go pro in the pipe to verify.

Shelbyman

Established Member
Yeah, but if you hit the drive mode button twice (+ sign) they open up when the car goes into sport mode, ive logged 25 miles and I can do it now without having to look at the scree, so a Non issue for me.

I guess I could understand the annoyance if you want the suspension/steering in normal mode but the valves open, I have not tried that yet.

but im pretty sure the valves are open for a cold start, I will need to put a go pro in the pipe to verify.

I know how to make it go into the Sport mode...thats easy but annoying to have to do each time you start it up. And even if you have it in Sport mode for suspension I believe it defaults back to Normal mode each time you kill the motor. Inside the computer there has to be codes that make all this happen. I'm waiting for someone that knows all about this code stuff to come out with the process to change the code in the computer so we can set our own defaults. If you want the car in Sport mode all the time you should be able to set that up. I don't get why they have made it so you can't.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member

That makes a little more sense. Are you sure the track pack doesn't have a toggle switch that looks like binoculars for the exhaust mode?

Attachments

• orly_owl.jpg
    orly_owl.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 560
Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
That makes a little more sense. Are you sure the track pack doesn't have a toggle switch that looks like binoculars for the exhaust mode?
100 % sure. No toggle switches at all actually (push buttons instead for TC,LC, and hazards)

Users who are viewing this thread