Does anyone here own a Maverick?

ETH

Millennial Boomer
Established Member
I'm really intrigued by this "truck".
Yes, I put that in quotations for obvious reasons...

However, for many people hybrid pickup at this price point just makes a lot of sense to me.

So the question I have is, has anyone had a real ownership experience in the limited time this has been on the road and what are your impressions living with it?

XP900

Established Member
I am thinking of getting one as a runabout for house supplies, local ski towing etc and to replace an older runabout Civic. I live outside any city limits and from what I have read from readers, on the hwy (versus local slower speed roads) the hybrid gets about 30 and the 2L turbo gets 29....plus the 4WD can tow 4K versus 2K for the hybrid. So unless you are using the truck for mainly city driving, I think the 2L turbo 4WD may be the better option for a few K more.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sid's reviews are very in-depth and you'll learn a lot more from those than short-term owner comments.

CMPSVT01

However, for many people hybrid pickup at this price point just makes a lot of sense to me.

So the question I have is, has anyone had a real ownership experience in the limited time this has been on the road and what are your impressions living with it?
Yes, I own a Maverick

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

Ghey trap. Lol.

BlueCandyCane

Established Member
Own a Maverick Hybrid Cactus Grey, 35XX miles, have a pedal commander on it (makes a difference), and actually is a practical little truck. Hauled some stone and other stuff, nice to have a bed and it serves a purpose 90% of the time. Gas savings was what made me order one. Sure it can't tow a lot, but 43 mpg normal driving, 37 hwy, works for me. top speed is 109mph, just be cause i wanted to see where it was at lol.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I went read this article: 2022 Ford Maverick Review | A Lot of New Truck for the Money

Can someone tell me if it has a big battery like EV's do? If so, what's the cost to replace it? That's the only concern i have. I'm looking into replacements for when my old b2300 dies and the base model price is very appealing. I just want a bare bones truck with an automatic. I am tired of dailying a manual.
from what I have read from readers, on the hwy (versus local slower speed roads) the hybrid gets about 30 and the 2L turbo gets 29....plus the 4WD can tow 4K versus 2K for the hybrid. So unless you are using the truck for mainly city driving, I think the 2L turbo 4WD
Thank you for mentioning this. I didnt know a non hybrid is available.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I went read this article: 2022 Ford Maverick Review | A Lot of New Truck for the Money

Can someone tell me if it has a big battery like EV's do? If so, what's the cost to replace it? That's the only concern i have. I'm looking into replacements for when my old b2300 dies and the base model price is very appealing. I just want a bare bones truck with an automatic. I am tired of dailying a manual.

Thank you for mentioning this. I didnt know a non hybrid is available.

The battery is relatively small. I think about the size of a full sheet cake.

Measuring things in units of cake is how you can tell I'm fat.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
We had one ordered for the wife before we had ever seen one in person. Once it arrived at the dealer we declined the sale because of the way it looked in real life compared to the sales brochure

Say what? The hamburger they served you doesn't look like the one on the menu? :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:.

Yep, been there LOL....

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What do the base models go out the door for if "cash" is paid? For example if i take out a loan, it wont be through Ford nor their lenders. Ill use a credit union.
We've ordered them today from $27,500ish-$35k,

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
We had one ordered for the wife before we had ever seen one in person. Once it arrived at the dealer we declined the sale because of the way it looked in real life compared to the sales brochure
Yup.
Gayish. lol

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's cheap basic transportation, with decent utility. Manage expectations accordingly.

However; one with the 2.0, AWD, and a 93 tune isn't bad around town.

BlueCandyCane

Established Member
Mine was 25XXX OTD. XLT Hybrid. Line-X bedliner and undercoated, moonroof, rear slide window, tint, pedal commander, Couple of little goodies. Don't expect it to be perfect because it's not, but great for the price point and does daily well. Keep it as a daily and have money left over for your toys/hobbies.

Users who are viewing this thread