Does anyone have experience with an SVO Motorsports RPM Extender?

94CobraPace

Established Member
I have one. I like it a lot. It removes the tip in shift timing retard, the 94 mph fuel dump, can move the rev limitor up & can fine tune the air fuel ratio. It has different timeing & fuel curves, so makes the car feel faster.. Definatly makes the shifts harder by removing the tip in shift timing retard. Hook up was not too bad, remove the CPU from behind the passenger kick panel, disconnect the main wiring harnes & the extender plug is sandwiched between the stock connection & the cpu. I ran the cable to under the passenger side seat. A little hard to put it all back in.
The FRPP extender has to be modified by Sam Guido (spelling?) to work on the 94\95 Cobras, was made for the GT's. Too bad they don't sell them new anymore, so you have to find them used, which I did & had it modified by Sam.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
94CobraPace said:
I have one. I like it a lot. It removes the tip in shift timing retard, the 94 mph fuel dump, can move the rev limitor up & can fine tune the air fuel ratio. It has different timeing & fuel curves, so makes the car feel faster.. Definatly makes the shifts harder by removing the tip in shift timing retard. Hook up was not too bad, remove the CPU from behind the passenger kick panel, disconnect the main wiring harnes & the extender plug is sandwiched between the stock connection & the cpu. I ran the cable to under the passenger side seat. A little hard to put it all back in.
The FRPP extender has to be modified by Sam Guido (spelling?) to work on the 94\95 Cobras, was made for the GT's. Too bad they don't sell them new anymore, so you have to find them used, which I did & had it modified by Sam.

Thank you for your reply. Does this SVO unit produce different performance characteristics in comparision to adding an aftermarket chip to the stock ECM? or do both of these mods (SVO Unit or ECM Chip) produce the same power upgrades?

Thanks, Robert

94CobraPace

Established Member
Robert M said:
Thank you for your reply. Does this SVO unit produce different performance characteristics in comparision to adding an aftermarket chip to the stock ECM? or do both of these mods (SVO Unit or ECM Chip) produce the same power upgrades?
Thanks, Robert

A properly tuned chip will probly give more HP if you have mods to the car. A chip can remove the tip in shift timing retard & the 94 mph fuel dump same as the extender. The extender will fall short of a chip cause the extender is not tuned for the mods to the car, just a general upgrade of using different fuel curves & timing tables. The extender does not take affect till after 2500 rpms.

Users who are viewing this thread