Does anyone have any idea what these are? (Mysterious plugs on coil covers)

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
So I've owned the car for awhile and still have no idea what these are. I'd like to put the factory bolts back in there but i don't know what to do with these

anedy4ah.jpg

vy5y5ege.jpg

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
those are actually supposed to be mounted on the back of the heads. they are a noise filter from my understanding in the electrical system.

but they should be on the back of the heads not the coil covers.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Lovely. Would it be easy to get them back to where they are supposed to be or would i have to pull/drop the engine?

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
It's pretty difficult to get back there with the motor in the car, might be impossible. Are you having any problems or do you dislike the sight of them being there?

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Lovely. Would it be easy to get them back to where they are supposed to be or would i have to pull/drop the engine?

well besides looking like hell where they are now its ok to keep them there.

with a stubby wrench and some small hands they could be put back in place. the drivers side will be the pita. i almost think that with a long extension with a swivle socket you might could get them from the bottom easier...

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
well besides looking like hell where they are now its ok to keep them there.

with a stubby wrench and some small hands they could be put back in place. the drivers side will be the pita. i almost think that with a long extension with a swivle socket you might could get them from the bottom easier...

Cool. Yeah, i hate them there. Gonna see what i can do about putting them back

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
It's pretty difficult to get back there with the motor in the car, might be impossible. Are you having any problems or do you dislike the sight of them being there?

No problems, just an eye sore. We'll see. Maybe i'll just mount them somewhere else for now

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
The question is.. How in the world did they get there? Has the engine been out of the car?

getblowd

FTMFW
Established Member
didn even put them back on my motor last time and it ran fine. Had no noise issues through the radio or anything what so ever

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
The PO, said he never pulled the engine. I wish i had a way to get ahold of the original owner. When i did the ported blower swap, I could tell the blower had been off before. In the oasis report it never mentioned anything about the heads, so unless I can find the original owner, i guess I'll never know. I might use the "svt detectives" and see what i can find

cobracrazee

Established Member
Didn't some of the 03 and 04 have the head thread problem? Maybe the heads got taken off to fix the problem

ctgreddy

Established Member
you can just take them off, My buddies car has none of them and he has no issues with the radio. like stated above the only place you'd really ever notice it is am channels and who the heck listens to those. Or you could just move them anywhere, as long as they're metal on metal to the engine they will work exactly as planned they dont have to be in the back of the heads.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Didn't some of the 03 and 04 have the head thread problem? Maybe the heads got taken off to fix the problem
I think what scares me is that it wasn't done at a dealership. I don't know if it was just the heads or the whole engine. Car runs like a top now and as far as i know, has for 7 years

you can just take them off, My buddies car has none of them and he has no issues with the radio. like stated above the only place you'd really ever notice it is am channels and who the heck listens to those. Or you could just move them anywhere, as long as they're metal on metal to the engine they will work exactly as planned they dont have to be in the back of the heads.

Cool! Thanks for the info!! :beer:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Agreed. Putting on the search to try and figure out what happened to this car. Thankfully it runs really well with my only annoyance being the high idle from the dragon. No other problems with the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread