Does 2.4 upper pulley require tuning ?

David Neibert

Established Member
I keep reading how installing a Ford Racing twin 65mm TB and a JLT resonator delete intake pipe (using stock air box and MAF) doesn't require a tune. If MAF is measuring how much air is entering the motor and wide band o2s are keeping the AF ratio in line, then does adding the 2.4 blower pulley really require a tune ?

I understand the benefits of getting a tune, just wondering how far you can go without changing it and screwing up the warranty.

David

Speedboosted

Established Member
If you add the TB along with the pulley, it will need a tune. That is a lot more air coming in, I don't believe the PCM is able to compensate for that much extra.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
If that's the case, then what if you only added the pulley ?

David

Anything involving extra boost needs a tune. W/ a TB the car relearns while idling and cruising around , w/ a pulley the car isn't getting the extra boost until much higher in the rpm range which isn't a chance you should take as the car can go really lean and damage the motor.

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
Anything involving extra boost needs a tune. W/ a TB the car relearns while idling and cruising around , w/ a pulley the car isn't getting the extra boost until much higher in the rpm range which isn't a chance you should take as the car can go really lean and damage the motor.

How much boost would a 2.4" pulley add? 2-3psi?

Users who are viewing this thread