Dodge trying to limit ADM on Demon

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Dealers will also only be able to order as many Demons as they are allocated and must have a customer sign a special acknowledgement document before the sale is completed. Dodge says the document provides a detailed list of safety considerations for the vehicle and its features and also helps determine priority production based on the contract price.
How does dodge know if someone over paid?

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Hah!

So basically when you go to your local Dodge dealer and they say "We have an allocation. 20k ADM"

that means they want you to pay 20k to wait an extra 6 months for a 90k dollar car. Good move dodge

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Anyone that even believed Dodge when they was trying to pass that whole personalized name on the crate and other stuff when sold so that ADM's would be a thing of the past.

Well guess what I have been in contact with over 12 Dodge dealerships in Ohio and the lowest ADM is $15,000 and the highest is $60,000. So the only ones that are going to even get it for sticker is either the dealership owners themselves, or someone that is either part of Dodge or has dealings and connections only. Everyone else is going to be paying well over $100,000 for this one trick pony.

Jefe

Established Member
There are several dealers offering them at MSRP but Ive seen a ton of guys that signed the agreement to pay $10-25K on top of MSRP. One dealer is holding an auction and the highest bidder wins the allocation. I found one guy that bought 2 already. One with a $10k markup and the other with a $20K markup. He didnt mind. I wouldnt be surprised if the allocations are 95% gone before July

Cool idea from FCA though

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
FCA will not be able to enforce this.

It violates their franchise agreement. In order to input an order you do not need to provide a sales price.

Just another scheme by FCA to put the public against the dealers and to attempt to get the public to trust the manufacturer more.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
FCA will not be able to enforce this.
They dont have to. They just want consumers to know that if you pay more than MSRP, its your dealers fault and you will wait a bit longer for your Demon

Heres what the dealers were told:

Not everyone who wants a Demon will be able to buy a Demon. We will build only 3,000 Demons for the U.S.market. There may be some temptation to sell every Demon to the highest bidder at a sizable markup to MSRP. That is the prerogative of each dealer. But we think that would be a mistake, and strongly encourage you to resist the temptation of this short-term gain. If the Demon is perceived to be a vehicle that only a privileged few can access and even fewer can afford, we risk positioning it as something exotic,distant and unattainable—and we lose the opportunity to leverage the vehicle for what it is: a halo for both the Brand and for your dealership

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Can't wait until we can order directly from the manufacture and not have to deal with a dealership to purchase a car.

Try buying a Tesla in Texas, answer you can't because in Texas to sell new vehicles you need to have a dealer network established. So some states you could probably do direct dealings but in the vast majority of them you will not be able to.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're in the business Nick. What can Dodge do to rein in the crazy ADM's?

It's economics. In order to drive down prices, they must up the supply to meet or nearly exceed the demand.

They dont have to. They just want consumers to know that if you pay more than MSRP, its your dealers fault and you will wait a bit longer for your Demon

Heres what the dealers were told:

Not everyone who wants a Demon will be able to buy a Demon. We will build only 3,000 Demons for the U.S.market. There may be some temptation to sell every Demon to the highest bidder at a sizable markup to MSRP. That is the prerogative of each dealer. But we think that would be a mistake, and strongly encourage you to resist the temptation of this short-term gain. If the Demon is perceived to be a vehicle that only a privileged few can access and even fewer can afford, we risk positioning it as something exotic,distant and unattainable—and we lose the opportunity to leverage the vehicle for what it is: a halo for both the Brand and for your dealership

That's almost word for word what they said about the Hellcats when they first came out. They demanded HUGE ADMs to start, FCA upped production, then now you can buy them considerably less than MSRP.

Can't wait until we can order directly from the manufacture and not have to deal with a dealership to purchase a car.

You're going to have to wait, a very long time.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
It's economics. In order to drive down prices, they must up the supply to meet or nearly exceed the demand.

That's almost word for word what they said about the Hellcats when they first came out. They demanded HUGE ADMs to start, FCA upped production, then now you can buy them considerably less than MSRP.

You're going to have to wait, a very long time.

Yup. Any time you produce a car and intentionally limit it's numbers far below demand, you can pretty much expect prices will rise, even if it's over what the manufacturer says to sell it for.

If FCA was truly serious about reigning in the ADM's on these cars, they'd build as many as they do Hellcats.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yup. Any time you produce a car and intentionally limit it's numbers far below demand, you can pretty much expect prices will rise, even if it's over what the manufacturer says to sell it for.

If FCA was truly serious about reigning in the ADM's on these cars, they'd build as many as they do Hellcats.

Exactly. Until then, they're just playing the marketing game to get their image to become more positive in the public's mind.

If I was a Dodge dealer, I would be furious.

This is the same thing as a mom or dad referring the kid to ask the other parent because they don't want to be the bad guy.

earl lee

Established Member
While it may be true that they will only build 3000 demons, it doesn't mean they wont build something similar and call it something else like the Son Of Demon or whatever.

I can see FCA who needs all the money it can get selling just 3000 cars and saying that's it. You spent to much R & D on this motor, it has a super cooler, trans brake and a bunch of other crap on it just to say 3000 and that's it. I fully expect to see this motor in something else, maybe a charger etc.

Does anybody have the numbers for how many hellcats have been sold yearly since 2015? I want to know how they came to this 3000 number.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@Zemedici has some Dodge insider info... he said that Dodge is implementing a new ordering system that will indeed track transaction prices.

Like I told him, I imagine there will be lawsuits over this.

earl lee

Established Member
About 15,000 Hellcats are made yearly on average since 2015

Oh damn. Thats way more than I thought. I mean I do see 1 or 2 on a weekly basis so I guess it would be that many. I dont see many ZL1's or Shelby's in the numbers that I see Hellcats.

Just didnt expect it to be 15k. Explains why you can get a killer lease deal on them then.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Try buying a Tesla in Texas, answer you can't because in Texas to sell new vehicles you need to have a dealer network established. So some states you could probably do direct dealings but in the vast majority of them you will not be able to.

Wrong Ive seen plenty new Teslas down here they sell them in Houston

Users who are viewing this thread