Dodge Demon vs. Ford GT 1/2 Mile

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
ya'll see that hood flex on the Demon? The GT's wing is all business...up and down with the quickness!!!

Ford is probably loving that dude for having that car out and racing it for everyone to see and not tucked up in some garage under a cover for its entire life!
Yeah this is about the only guy I have seen running his FGT hard. I believe it is a better performer (in a straight line) than most people give it credit for. Due to lack of videos like this one.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
IMG_5936.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
FGT under performed? Thought it’d be faster.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The GT pulls at about the same rate from 100-150 as it does from 60-120 going off his timeslip, but you can also tell by just listening to it; it carries momentum perfectly, staying in the powerband with each shift. Sounds exactly like the racecars do which is fun to listen to. It just sounds so dialed in to me.

It also seemed that right when the Demon was about to gain some ground with its power, the FGT transitioned to its superior aerodynamics and continued the pull. The Demon's only chance was to get it off the line.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
I couldnt care less about the FGT. Another unattainable car that you will most likely only see on youtube.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I couldnt care less about the FGT. Another unattainable car that you will most likely only see on youtube.
If you have 1/2 million dollars to spend on a Ford GT, I applaud you for your accomplishments. I agree though, many will never see one in person, let alone drive or own one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

IA Shelby

Established Member
So the Demon had mickey Thompsons and 100 octane and still got smoked off the start? I would have expected him to own the first 1/8 and then have the GT gain on better aero.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
So the Demon had mickey Thompsons and 100 octane and still got smoked off the start? I would have expected him to own the first 1/8 and then have the GT gain on better aero.
Both cars spun. The mid engine GT had a better weight transfer. I would like to see that race on a prepped track.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Curt@injected

Ya for those who have not done half-mile events. The prep is seriously worse than some streets, especially ocala. I haven't run at this strip but it's very possible considering the soils are probably similar that the traction/sand issues are as bad or worse.

Also, most people who do half mile stuff don't really treat it as a drag race. It's all about top speed. Mostly because of the traction issues.

Users who are viewing this thread