Dodge Caliber SRT

Kiohtee

Established Member
Depends on what you're driving. Either car in your sig, maybe. "Lightly modded" means a lot of different things these days.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Are these a threat or not lightly modded?

to your cobra? yes. they lay down similar numbers to your modded car when stock.

theyre very bad from a dig since the pcm gags any fun at all in 1st n 2nd. tunes help tremendously. they make low 300s fhwp with a tune n basic bolt ons. theyre not going to win many dig races, not so bad at roll racing but what car isnt...

OneStockMach

No I saw one get a Boeing 747 put on him by a stock coyote and he was about even with a r/t challenger

Kiohtee

Established Member
OP; both Neon and Caliber SRT-4s are known to make mid-200s to the wheel for both horsepower and torque. All the while weighing a scant 2,900-3,100lbs. While they're not competition for today's pony cars, compared to a basic bolt-on 4V/stock Marauder, they should be considered a threat. The comment above about a stock Coyote putting a hurting on one, well yeah, but that's a 370-380rwhp (100rwhp more than you have, BTW) with the torque to back it up. Even then, a lightly worked N/C-SRT4 could make easy work of a stock Coyote.

Be careful and certainly don't race for money.

jmsa540

Established Member
OP; both Neon and Caliber SRT-4s are known to make mid-200s to the wheel for both horsepower and torque. All the while weighing a scant 2,900-3,100lbs. While they're not competition for today's pony cars, compared to a basic bolt-on 4V/stock Marauder, they should be considered a threat. The comment above about a stock Coyote putting a hurting on one, well yeah, but that's a 370-380rwhp (100rwhp more than you have, BTW) with the torque to back it up. Even then, a lightly worked N/C-SRT4 could make easy work of a stock Coyote.

Be careful and certainly don't race for money.

Very intelligent response, thanks brother. Where are you from in NC?

Just_A_GT

Established Member
They can be quick, but I haven't seen worked ones at anywhere near the rate of the Neons.

Probably because there was only a fraction of them made compared to the Neon.

I used to own one. Had a tune and full bolt-ons. It ran mid-high 12's, consistently. It was no slouch and was a ton of fun to drive and always surprised people. Wheel hop and torque steer were the enemy and the only way to "win" that battle was with better tires..even then, nothing could solve the ridiculous torque steer though. Be careful if you run across one with a WOT Box...they launch hard and fast.

SVTCOBRA9629

Established Member
I had one try me twice at the strip. No contest. His mods were full exhaust, intake, tune, and something different to do with blow off valve.

Users who are viewing this thread