DO you

ViciousJay

Established Member
Has anyone regretted getting their 2011? Alot of 2007-08 GT500's were around the same price. What made you want the 2011 over the slightly older gt500? just asking....

Entrenched

Established Member
Decided on 2011 over 2010 GT500

I went with the 2011 after driving both b/c of the difference in price vs fun factor. I had found a new 2010 Grabber Blue (electronics package and car cover) for $4000 off sticker but that still left my spend over 50K with TTL. I liked the car, really liked the look and was really torn on buying the car.

Then I drove an 11 GT locally, and it was great! I ended up finding the exact car I wanted in TX (400 mile trip) and drove off for 35K.

I couldn't be happier!

By the way, the 10 gt500 is still sitting at the dealership if someone wants a pretty good deal on a brand new one. PM me for info.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Not me.. Only 500 I could have afforded would of been used and I just didn't want to go that route. No way I could swing a 2010 500 with the budget I had planned and I was dead set on my payment being set at a number and I wasn't going higher. Payed for most of my GT by selling my 08 5.7L 4x4 Tundra..

I just love the 2010/2011 body and I didnt want the 4.6 so the 5.0 gt it was.. I had been waiting for the return of the 5.0 for a very long time..

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
i tested both,i loved the gt500 but i didnt want sloppy seconds, i was happy to take the first power shifting virginity of mine

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I have had this internal debate A LOT in the past couple of months. The prices are comparable, the gt500 offers much better performance. The argument for the 5.0 is that it is brand new and performs well, and is the newest body style . The for the Shelby are that the shelby is faster, is a "special" unit and has already gone through a big hit in depreciation. Just think, they will sell even more GTs now since they are such a better performer, so they will be on every corner. There will be nothing special about it. I still don't see GT500s that often, and they always get a double take from me.
For me, the GT will have less draw for ME to mod it substantially as the N/A motor will reach the point of diminishing returns faster, and I don't need another project/money pit. If I didn't have a 700+hp car already, the gt500 makes so much more sense. However, I need something that just doesn't BEG for a big, bolt on blower, or Hellion Kit, so I will just have to buy at invoice and stay in it for a couple/few years before I get a GTR :) However, I want something that is gun to drive and not be worried about being pulled by bolt on turbo 4 bangers, or charger/300c sedans.(like my stock, auto 08 gt daily).

YMMV :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread