Do you think the USA will make it?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
All I read about anymore is doom and gloom, everyone keeps saying we're doomed and there is no hope. Does everyone think that the USA is really doomed? Or do you still think there's hope? I have two little kids and hope they can still grow up in a good world and I want to have faith that we as a country will make it out of this, I know a lot of good people in this world and I believe there's many more out there.. I guess I'd like to hear something positive for a change instead of all negative, but maybe I'm being naive.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Everything is going to be fine in my opinion.

This is just a phase. All generations have them.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
The generation of people wanting handouts. They will learn when they pay anyway through taxes based on the inefficiency of government programs.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

LS WUT

Established Member
Yeah, I’m with @MG0h3 i think most things like this too shall pass. I applaud many of those of whom who have children. I’m a great uncle, however I don’t plan to have kids. I’d just be scared to try and bring a kid up in these times. I have a niece who’s got Williams syndrome. So she’s special needs, I caught her on Omegle. Not only is this world full of creeps, but the internet has made us such a scary place for kids to be. However each generation has their own battles to deal with. I’m 30 now, and I’ve seen so many stupid things. I’m glad we are over the eating tide pod challenges and such. It will be fine amigo, keep your head up and keep those kids happy and healthy. Thats all you can do.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Everything is going to be fine in my opinion.

This is just a phase. All generations have them.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I agree, this is a bump in the road. Just like the OP, concerns have crept into my mind about the world for my kids (ages 12 and 14), but I think it will be OK long term. For right now though, it is going to be a bumpy ride for a while.

So much of the focus in media, social media, message boards, etc. is negative and divisive. However, I tend to think that the number of decent people far exceeds the indecent jackasses. For example (and I'm sure @VegasMichael will attest to this): All we hear about on the news locally is how our school district is in shambles. Violence is up, we are failing our kids, etc. My kids have had great experiences so far in their lives within the district, and a colleague of mine shared that on "signing day" at her son's high school (not for athletics but just to celebrate where the school's graduates will be heading to college) kids announced their acceptances to the Air Force Academy, USC, UCLA, ASU, Stanford, Michigan, and every Ivy you can name. Yet you won't get a story on the news about this; they will cover how a boy mooned the principal while the school bus drove away on the last day of school.

My point is, the exceptions to the rule and the outlandish stories get all the attention, while the vast majority of people go on with their lives doing good for themselves, their neighbors, their families, and their communities. Keep the faith...

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
The USA will make it. Straight into a shithole country. Just like any other country with open borders.
We can’t even take care of our own, yet this administration lets the door wide open.
Our Country as we’ve know it will never be the same.
This is just one problem. There are many more.

Zemedici

Established Member
The USA will make it. Straight into a shithole country. Just like any other country with open borders.
We can’t even take care of our own, yet this administration lets the door wide open.

this.

This countrys headed far away from where it was 5,10,15 years ago, and a lot of areas not for the better.

Cant wait to explore other countries, tbh.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
This ^. The wheels have already been in motion and we are now seeing the effects. Our corrupt government officials have ensured our demise. Open borders is a huge catalyst and it’s irreversible now. It’s only a matter of time. America could only be destroyed by the enemy within, and they have succeeded, we just don’t know it yet.
I will add that the coup which occurred during the last election was the death knell. Those responsible made sure the last hope we had would not happen.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll keep having faith as time goes on, i'm also a realist and I understand how messed up everything is right now, and maybe if I didn't have kids I wouldn't give two shits, but I also don't think that's the right attitude to have.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
While I disagree with your overall message, the issue of the border is A HUGE DEAL that this administration has ignored. 2021 (Joe Burden's first year as president) saw a record number of illegal immigrant encounters at the border. Check out the seven charts in this article: US-Mexican Border

A couple of thoughts:

1. Chart #6: Look at the expulsion rate under Trump vs. Biden. Under Trump expulsion rates were at 85%+ (meaning over 85% of those illegals encountered at the border were sent packing back to their home country) while under Biden they have been under 60%.

2. Chart #7: Seasonal migration patterns have changed: sounds like they are talking about birds, not people. LOL

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
While I disagree with your overall message, the issue of the border is A HUGE DEAL that this administration has ignored. 2021 (Joe Burden's first year as president) saw a record number of illegal immigrant encounters at the border. Check out the seven charts in this article: US-Mexican Border

A couple of thoughts:

1. Chart #6: Look at the expulsion rate under Trump vs. Biden. Under Trump expulsion rates were at 85%+ (meaning over 85% of those illegals encountered at the border were sent packing back to their home country) while under Biden they have been under 60%.

2. Chart #7: Seasonal migration patterns have changed: sounds like they are talking about birds, not people. LOL
You disagree with my overall message & post a link with factual information with several charts defining the crux of my overall message?

Got it..

Users who are viewing this thread