• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Do you think insurance is a scam

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by tistan, Nov 1, 2019.

1. GM Nitemare

GM Nitemare Active Member Established Member

OP, have you ever had to file a claim? Example: Insuring your home and contents, say a value of $500,000.00. Your insurance premiums are say, $4000.00 per year. Claim free for 10 years. Then tragedy strikes, your house and contents burn to the ground. No fault of yours. The insurance company pays you out $500,000.00 Can you are someone else tell me how this is a scam? The same can be applied to medical insurance or life insurance. You will NEVER pay more than what the value of that policy covers. I have been an insurance broker for 28 years(life, disability and healthcare insurance). A business client recently died. She had $4.8m of life insurance. Her monthly premium for that was $1100.00. She had paid into this for just over 2 years. I can go on and on and on.

Mpoitrast87 likes this.
  2. blk02edge

blk02edge Well-Known Member Established Member

Quick google search shows that 374,000 houses in the US catch fire every year. Ive actually had two close calls in my 2.5 years of home ownership.

ON D BIT likes this.
  3. AustinJ427

AustinJ427 Well-Known Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

That's one decent sized kitchen fire with smoke remediation.

I think the cheapest kitchen fire I we have seen was $70k, and we had one on the upper end of $300k.

This isn't just the cost to repair the kitchen, it's for smoke removal, paying to put you up in a hotel (or make your mortgage payments if it's a landlords policy), bring anything up to code that isn't already (ordinance and law) and buy you brand new appliances because almost every single home policy includes replacement cost contents.

Mpoitrast87 likes this.
  4. Blk04L

Blk04L . . . Premium Member Established Member

Talking about a kitchen fire, what ever happened to that poster whose son burned his ex-wifes kitchen with fireworks?

BOOGIE MAN likes this.
  5. Jefe

Jefe Well-Known Member Established Member

Farmers hasn't been profitable in a long time here in AZ. It is finally starting to level out though.

Sorry for the facts, this is clearly the clueless insurance bashing thread

svtfocus2cobra likes this.
  6. tistan

tistan Well-Known Member Established Member

People rarely use the value of the policy. If they did then insurance wouldn't be a profitable business.

7. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi Established Member

They were the second largest insurance company behind USAA at the time, but dont know if they still are.