E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
ethanol.jpg

temp.jpg

nice :coolman:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
It's not a waste of time unless you have true flex fuel vehicle....I tested at a pump in League City and it came out E45. I alerted the manager and they shut the E85 pumps down and bagged them.

Trust me, I was shocked! Only thing I could think of was the delivery truck somehow pumped e10 gasoline into a partially filled e85 tank below.... :nonono:

Good info Jeff:beer:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Thanks John. You know how ghetto and rigged my cars are. ;-)

The sensor is -8 and it's in the return line. No leaks, no issues and the setup has been driven in all kinds of conditions from drag racing to road course to a 4000 mile trip from TX to Ohio and back.

It also has a fuel temp sensor on it with a switch inside the car so I can keep an eye on what's going on with 3 big pumps working in the tank.

ethanol.jpg

temp.jpg

Racerat,

Do you have a link to the -8 AN sensor you're using? The only ones I see on the page have nippled ends to slip hose over. Are you using some sort of fitting on each end of their sensor to convert to -8 AN etc? Info. please, I'd love to go this route as well. Thanks!

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Racerat,

Do you have a link to the -8 AN sensor you're using? The only ones I see on the page have EFI push lock ends. Are you using some sort of fitting on each end of their sensor ends to convert to -8 AN etc? Info. please, I'd love to go this route as well with my 6 AN return line. Thanks!

Will these work? If so what size EFI end do I get 3/8" or 5/26"?

http://www.jegs.com/p/Russell/Russe...ne-Adapters-For-OEM-Hard-Line/819594/10002/-1

Last edited:

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I also have the Zeitronix ECA. It's worked good for 3 years and like mentioned, you can measure fuel temps. The fuel temp is handy as it is a pretty good gauge of actual intake air temp. I have since gone to a ProEFI ECU so it's now a true flex fuel vehicle. The ProEFI can control boost based on Ethanol content, etc.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i check mine everytime i fill up even when i go back to 91 octane. i run a gauge that reads it so i always know.

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

unlgrad2002

Established Member
Question. If you do test and get results under 85, what do you do? In my area the pumps state "minimum 70% ethanol" so it can obviously vary. I haven't tested yet and have filled up a few times. No obvious issues but don't want any surprises either. I'm fairly certain it drops close to 70 here in the winter.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
I cant say I ever have, but might be a good idea. I get gas on post, and I think its pretty shitty compared to a brand like shell or chevron. Usually a lot of shit given to the military is shitty.

MalcolmV8

Established Member

Tractionless1

Established Member
I like those, added to the "to get list". When you're running pump gas does it show the approximately 10% ethanol content in there? or does it only pick up readings closer to 85% ethanol?

Reads from 0-100 scale, so sure it reads E10 etc. It also has output wires to hook to standalone ECU's to adjust for E% in the tune just like current production vehicles. I won't be using said feature.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Have you got this yet? How did you hook it up? Could you show a write up on how you made this work, looks like a sweet option.

All hooked up but kept blowing the add a circuit fuse for the sensor upon driving, not at startup. First 5a then 10a that I added to the IC circuit in the under hood fuse box. I've since switched to the fuel pump fuse since it's no longer in use to power my pumps (LP Return). I'll be testing again soon. So far it's reading E70 so I'm going to test the fuel in my tank over the weekend manually to check accuracy.

The hookup is very easy. Switched power to gauge, ground to gauge, and 1 wire goes to the sensor. The sensor is self tapping screwed to the bottom of the floorboard in the driveshaft tunnel and the -6 AN return line runs through it. One wire to switched power, 1 wire to ground, and 1 wire to the gauge. Cake!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Reads from 0-100 scale, so sure it reads E10 etc. It also has output wires to hook to standalone ECU's to adjust for E% in the tune just like current production vehicles. I won't be using said feature.

There's no way for our ECC to support that unfortunately. That would be a nice feature. I've seen it in quite a few aftermarket ECC setups but not wanting to go that route on the Cobra.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
All hooked up but kept blowing the add a circuit fuse for the sensor upon driving, not at startup. First 5a then 10a that I added to the IC circuit in the under hood fuse box. I've since switched to the fuel pump fuse since it's no longer in use to power my pumps (LP Return). I'll be testing again soon. So far it's reading E70 so I'm going to test the fuel in my tank over the weekend manually to check accuracy.

The hookup is very easy. Switched power to gauge, ground to gauge, and 1 wire goes to the sensor. The sensor is self tapping screwed to the bottom of the floorboard in the driveshaft tunnel and the -6 AN return line runs through it. One wire to switched power, 1 wire to ground, and 1 wire to the gauge. Cake!

Ok, great! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread