Do these work?

JDos1

Established Member
No need to use them. Front o2's are essential and rear o2's can be manipulated via tuning.

What's your reasoning for wanting them?

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
No need to use them. Front o2's are essential and rear o2's can be manipulated via tuning.

What's your reasoning for wanting them?

It doesn't really pertain to a 11-14 gt. It is for my v6. It is tuned by Mpt and bama, but the mpt tune is a lot better. Mpt threw Po420 and Po430. They will not turn the rear o2's off because they say it goes against their company policy.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
did they work for you?

We have installed them, but have not driven the car yet. We were on bama tunes and after we got finished pitting them in we swapped back to the mpt tune. It took about 45 miles last time. Should know within the next couple weeks. Its not a dd, just another project car.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
If you live in an emission controlled county like I do here in TX, all sensors must be on and operational to be able to pass.

I believe what hes trying to say is you can have the rear o2s turned on and not throw a check engine light, at least on the coyote platforms. Tuners are able to change the settings to where it will not throw a check engine light. Also, like as he stated its critical to leave them on since the rear o2s are used to calibrate the front widebands. If you have your rears turned off over time they will drift and not be calibrated correctly.

There was a post on here not to long ago from Shaun over at AED that explained this process better. I am not sure if the v6 cars have the same o2 sensors as the GT, if they do you may want to find another tuner.....

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I believe what hes trying to say is you can have the rear o2s turned on and not throw a check engine light, at least on the coyote platforms. Tuners are able to change the settings to where it will not throw a check engine light. Also, like as he stated its critical to leave them on since the rear o2s are used to calibrate the front widebands. If you have your rears turned off over time they will drift and not be calibrated correctly.

There was a post on here not to long ago from Shaun over at AED that explained this process better. I am not sure if the v6 cars have the same o2 sensors as the GT, if they do you may want to find another tuner.....

Thanks man. Yea I remember reading the thread Shaun posted. I think the v6 would be the same as the gt. Yea we did try bama, but the tunes weren't good at all. Really off. We put in the Blox racing things I posted above and we will see if they do anything. Would using these not properly calibrate the computer? Also do you know if Lund turns the rear o2's off on the 5.0's?

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Not sure if they will correctly calibrate the front o2's with the spacers in place but it will help you pass emissions if your state does an obd2 test. I have a Lund tune and the rear o2's are turned off. I'm sure you can request that they be left on though if you needed them to.

steveofiveo

Established Member
Does anyone think these would work (not throw a CEL) if I removed the cats (2011 5.0) but left the tune untouched ? Here's why. I'm thinking about installing a off road pipe to see if I like it. I am sure the power will increase but am worried about the smell. I don't want to change everything around (including a tune etc) just to find out I hate the smell and then put everything back.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Not sure if they will correctly calibrate the front o2's with the spacers in place but it will help you pass emissions if your state does an obd2 test. I have a Lund tune and the rear o2's are turned off. I'm sure you can request that they be left on though if you needed them to.

Yea I was just saying to leave them on so they stay calibrated still. So far these work in the v6. We drove about 45 miles and last time when the light came on is when I got on it. Got on it a couple times and no light.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Does anyone think these would work (not throw a CEL) if I removed the cats (2011 5.0) but left the tune untouched ? Here's why. I'm thinking about installing a off road pipe to see if I like it. I am sure the power will increase but am worried about the smell. I don't want to change everything around (including a tune etc) just to find out I hate the smell and then put everything back.

Yea no cats stink honestly. At first it is a big transformation, but you get used to the smell sort of. When stock manifolds were on we did cat deletes and yes it did smell, but we really didn't see a big difference in power from the stock cats. We ended up just putting the stock cats back on with our setup then which was borla OTA and roush axlebacks with pypes bomb tips.

steveofiveo

Established Member
Yea no cats stink honestly. At first it is a big transformation, but you get used to the smell sort of. When stock manifolds were on we did cat deletes and yes it did smell, but we really didn't see a big difference in power from the stock cats. We ended up just putting the stock cats back on with our setup then which was borla OTA and roush axlebacks with pypes bomb tips.

Thx, Looks like I'm leaving them on.

Users who are viewing this thread