Do not use SICK HID!!!!

TVSCobra

Established Member
Okay here we go.

I first order my headlights and sent him money on Nov.8 2011. We spoke on the phone about what I wanted. He told me since I wanted clear side markers and a light smoke on the headlight they would be aftermarket(made in Taiwan by the way, I did know this before). I was okay with that as long as they fit and worked properly. I was promised they would.

After weeks and months of emailing (because he wouldn't return my calls). Every email was "working on them" "waiting on parts" "my computer crashed"....etc.

Finally after waiting 6 months I received the lights. At first they looked great until I went to install them. The headlight housing had a gap of 5-6 mm where they meet the fenders.

After comparing them to my OEM headlight I found part of the problem. The two plastic pin (with the metal pins screwed into them) were 6 mm too long. So I trimmed those and refit the lights. Still had some gap and right along the middle of the housing there is a gap.

Where he had glued them together at the end of the housing it was way too thick, so it was contacting the fender.

I emailed him about the issue, his response was you need to get some who knows what they are doing....WTF? I just installed a TVS blower on my car. I am a BMW Master Tech and an ASE Master tech with over 10 years experience. Yeah I need help installing headlights.......:dw:

After several emails all he would do was say well you asked for aftermarket headlights and its your fault the aim adjusters broke. No it wasn't they broke due to shitty quality parts and they were not at there max travel ethier when they broke.

I forgot to add. When I finally got the fit acceptable, I checked the aim.
They were both pointed to the ground and to the center of the car.
Just added that because he said the aim should be perfect. Yeah okay.

Funny how professional and nice he was before when taking my 615 dollars. Now he is just being an ass.

I asked if I could return them, since I had so many issues with them. He said no.

I emailed and asked about warranty or getting them repaired. Told me no.

So I waited 6 months and paided 615 dollars for headlights that look great on the outside, but fit and perform like shit.

So the only thing I can do is dispute the charge with my CC company. Luckily I paid with that instead of using my checking account or I would be completely screwed.

I checked google and found a few people who had issues with their lights and he did the same thing to them. Told them to screw off.

Just wanted to give everyone a fair warning.

Hopefully I will get my money back.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Any pics of the issues?

Surprisingly I never installed mine. Started mocking them up yesterday, and the new piece that goes around where the headlamp bulb used to be is too wide, requiring some Dremel work on the headlight panel.

Also the rubber seals along the fender seem to be thick on some spots and don't sit flush against the body. Thinking of hitting it with a heat gun and some sand paper MAYBE.

These were OEM Ford lamps.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
That does suck but.... you paid 600 dollars for headlights....????

You ever price out a retrofit?

At least I hope thats what he's talking about, if he paid 600 for some guy to give him clear corners and a PnP kit then he deserves to get ripped off....

OP, how about some pics and specs of what he used? Maybe I can offer my 2C on the situation...

TVSCobra

Established Member
They have projectors and an ABS plastic black bezel. The look great but they suck on fitment and performance.

PM me emails and I will send pics.

When I get a chance Im going to refinish my old headlights and put my old HID setup back in there, until I figure something out.

I normally would not get on here and bash a someones company but after all those crappy emails he sent me and his attitude, I decided to post this.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Thanks for posting, you did the right thing. It just sucks when people dont search before buying a product that was already known to be crappy. It has been said here many times before that the best headlights are OEM and if you want to mode headlights start off with OEM's....

TVSCobra

Established Member
Most of the stuff I saw looked like it would work out well with SICH HID and after talking to him the first time I felt it would be fine, boy was I wrong. I usually make good desicions, lesson learned.

TVSCobra

Established Member
Any pics of the issues?

Surprisingly I never installed mine. Started mocking them up yesterday, and the new piece that goes around where the headlamp bulb used to be is too wide, requiring some Dremel work on the headlight panel.

Also the rubber seals along the fender seem to be thick on some spots and don't sit flush against the body. Thinking of hitting it with a heat gun and some sand paper MAYBE.

These were OEM Ford lamps.

you should email him and see what he says. Im sure he will have some bullshit comment to say.

rthouck

Established Member
I'm not sure if he's listed but I would definitely contact the Better Business Bureau and make a report on him. I've had some success in the past getting issues worked out with companies through them. And at the least if he chooses to do nothing the complaint will still get filed and others will be able to find it.

TVSCobra

Established Member
I'm not sure if he's listed but I would definitely contact the Better Business Bureau and make a report on him. I've had some success in the past getting issues worked out with companies through them. And at the least if he chooses to do nothing the complaint will still get filed and others will be able to find it.

After disputing the charge with my CC company I did file a complaint with the BBB.

TVSCobra

Established Member
I even tried to pay him to fix the adjusters and he declined.....just crappy parts he used.

Users who are viewing this thread