Do I have the Performance Package?

Titan 5.0

Established Member
I done about an hour or two of searching and can't seem to find out a solid way of confirming if I have the PP or not...

I have red shocks, and the 20" tires with PP tires... and it says BB under Axle on the door sticker... all that leads me to say it is, but I read somewhere that the 2012's PP have adjustable shocks and mine don't look to be.

any thoughts? or ways to confirm it is a PP?

I just bought this car 2 weeks ago, just trying to figure out everything I can before I start messing with it.

Titan 5.0

Established Member

merkyworks

Established Member
Never been able to get that Vin number site to work for me, always get the "your cars to old" message as well.

Per this article..
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1042365_2011-shelby-gt500-svt-performance-package-details
"New for the 2011 Shelby GT500 is the SVT Performance Package geared toward true performance enthusiasts wanting more out of their already potent 550 horsepower muscle car. The SVT Performance Package includes 19-inch front and 20-inch rear forged aluminum wheels which are lighter, all-new Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar G tires, 3.73 rear axle gear, stiffer springs, performance shocks that are painted red, lowered ride height (11 millimeters in front and 8 millimeters in rear), rear spoiler with Gurney Flap, narrower over-the-top stripes and removal of stripe from shift ball."

I have a 2012 SVTPP car...
  • Stiffer springs, Red shocks and sits a little lower
  • 19" front / 20" rear
  • 3:73 gears
  • Door will have "BB"
  • Rear end cover will have tag that states 3:73 gears
  • Gurney flap on spoiler
  • Narrow stripe delete
  • Shifter ball had no stripes
Recaro seats, Mach 1000 audio and Nav system can be on a PP car but do not have to come on a PP car.

Last edited:

Titan 5.0

Established Member
Cool, thanks guys... I need to confirm the 3.73s when I get home but I have everything else. I just got confused when I read that 2012's with the PP have adjustable shocks... but that's cleared up now.

Users who are viewing this thread