Do I have a chance?

Steeda1

Established Member
I started working with a new team at work and found that they are all car guys. One guy wants to race his 95' Z-28 next time the roads are dry . Everyone says that I will win, but I am not seeing it.

His mods:
vortech w/ 7# boost
MSD ignition
edelbrock TB
aftermarket intake (dont know what kind)
unknown exhaust
auto trans w/shift kit
135,000 miles on the car

My mods:
95mm C&L MAF w/9" K&N
Borla Stinger

What do you guy's think? :shrug:

kpinco

Established Member
95'....I think the stock HP was 275 at the crank - 15% say to the wheels = 233 HP
Plus 80-90 HP for the Vortech = roughly 323 hp to the wheels.

He has a lot of miles! I think you'll take easy!

Good Luck and be safe!:beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
DO you have a chance? Do bears sh!t in the woods? Just hope you're not so far ahead of him that he can't read the "Cobra" on your back bumper.....maybe you should get some chrome bumper inserts so it'll be easier to read from afar.

kpinco

Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
DO you have a chance? Do bears sh!t in the woods? Just hope you're not so far ahead of him that he can't read the "Cobra" on your back bumper.....maybe you should get some chrome bumper inserts so it'll be easier to read from afar.

:rockon:

Steeda1

Established Member
Wow, Thanks guys.

I thought he would be making more power than that.

I guess I will let you know the results within the next few days. :thumbsup:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
You'll win.....period. I know because I have several friends with LT-1s, and stock they run 14.2. With a blower, intake.....you are looking at rougly 350 hp. I have a friend that has a TA with every imagineable bolt on as well as stall, trans go kit, LT's, full 3 1/4 exhaust, cutout, cam heads, valves, rollers,....etc. Makes 485 to the wheels.....1/4 mile 13.2 on drag radials..hhehehe man does he get shit.

Steeda1

Established Member
Originally posted by Whitten
You'll win.....period. I know because I have several friends with LT-1s, and stock they run 14.2. With a blower, intake.....you are looking at rougly 350 hp. I have a friend that has a TA with every imagineable bolt on as well as stall, trans go kit, LT's, full 3 1/4 exhaust, cutout, cam heads, valves, rollers,....etc. Makes 485 to the wheels.....1/4 mile 13.2 on drag radials..hhehehe man does he get shit.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like a lot of wasted money. I would give him shit to!!!

davidmax

Established Member
AH,Ford guys should be empathetic and teach him how to stage and inrease the speed and et of te Chebby,Just a thought.
Dave Smilovic

Users who are viewing this thread