Do Fox LX Tailpipes Fit SN95's?

mystical

Established Member
Those aren't under the axle, those are how Fox tails fit. I had the Fox tail pipes on my car and that was exactly how they fit. Looks like he might have had them adjusted a bit, because mine rubbed really bad on my tires with 315's.

Wow, could have fooled me. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, they appear to hang awfully low and the fact that the weld is in plain sight makes them even worse. Not a fan at all.

Last edited:

Helomech74

Established Member
Those tails on that grey SN are the 3 inch Flowmaster tails for a Foxbody. Apparantly they have some pretty good clearance even with a 315 tire from the way the pipes are bent.

Yes, I know this. That's why I posted what I did. I used to have those same exact tailpipes on my car. They rubbed real bad on my 315's, so they had to come off. Maybe mine were made differently, but they sat really close to the wheels. Thats why I said maybe those were altered to pull them away from tires.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Hey guys, here are some pics of my 97 cobra with the macs, i still have to get a side pic to really show off how siick these look from the side, the key with this catback is to NOT use the hangars for the pipes, just bolt everything down tight and it will support itself, i found that if u use the hangars it sags and looks like crap...no hangars tightens it right up into the bumper like that one from the side on the lift, it looks awesome, and i threw in some of my old 94 gt with the old flowmaster catback.... enjoy them i hope... ill continue to add pics

cobinnicksgarage.gif

trying out my freinds saleens after dropping the rear 2 inches

cobonlift2.gif

on the lift during the trans swap

tailpipeslookingdope.gif

one of the best pics, this is hw it always looks, tucks right up under the bumper, chrome goes on for days lol

cobonthelift.gif

rear shot
97Cobra001.gif

dont mind the rock chipped rear bup..those big nitto 315s on my cobra rims eat it upp

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
ok, here is more of the cobra and my old BAB gt with the flows on it... some more side shots etc

97Cobra004.gif

97Cobra005.gif

97Cobra006.gif

97Cobra001.gif

97Cobra002.gif

gt
94gtrear.gif

94gtside.jpg

and here is my gt after a little spray paint and factory 03 gt tips claped onto the tailpipes, and that is DSGWHIPPEDSNAKE's 03 gt when it was nearly bone stock
old94gtandnicks.jpg

a few for fun while i am uploading
the cob with uncles gt at the lot
S5000831.gif

and my gmarq with the factory cobra wheels and DSG's 03 gt now
S5000592.gif

S5000585.gif

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
also the car is dirty as hell and am ashamed of the pics in a way, the tips are clean as a whistle now but the car is still a mess as i got stuck in a snow storm the other night with it and it got dirty again.....so once i clean it and it gets a tad warmer i will take more pices, but i cant do that now as i just pulled the intake off to get ti sent out to be ported and made a short runner.... lemme know if u guys want any specific pics and i will c what i can do

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
my old 95 gt i had that i traded for my 85 gt, it is a complete dirty mess but i had it for 1 whole day and made 1000 bucks so w/e, but this one had the same flowmastercatback as my 94 gt, and u can see my cobra way in the left corner ahaha got a second set of rims witht he deal and a full 2 inch drop, intrax 2 inch springs and tockico blues and bilsteins...

95gtrear.gif

Last edited:

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
another thread coming back from the dead? i really like this one though. i want to see more pics too.

from6to8

Established Member
well sorry guys but I'm trying to decide and I really want 3.5 inch tips and would have to let a shop cut the 3 inchers off and weld on the 3.5's. I'd hate to do that but it is what it is and also would have to let them make sure I clear with the 315's out back. Looks like either the SR tailpipe and modify the tips or the fox 3" tailpipe and modify. Hope I can/will like the way the bends are downward with the fox's style. On my 94 cobra btw.

Users who are viewing this thread