Do Fox LX Tailpipes Fit SN95's?

mystical

Established Member
I always liked the looks of a fox coupe with nice chrome tailpipes angled upwards. Most of the SN95's I've seen, the tails taper towards the ground which does not look good. I've got mine set up so that they are somewhat following the lines of the bumper and they look fine but I was wondering if lx fox tails would fit? Pics would be great, thanks folks.

JasonSnake

Established Member
I don't think I've seen chrome tails, maybe you mean stainless/polished tails?

I know what you mean about the sloppy tails angling the wrong directions. That's my biggest complaint about these catback manufacturers. They don't pay attention anymore.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Supposedly they do. According to the people I got these pics from, these are Fox LX tails. They actually look good, unlike tails that are supposed to be for SNs.

mackj66

Established Member
Perfect angle, but they are too small.

That is also my biggest gripe!!!! Why the hell do they point downward. It looks ridiculous.

Pushrodsnake

Back in Black
Established Member
I got sick of the downward/level look of the tails on my Cobra and added some 3" magnaflow tips. I just had them welded on with an upward angle. It's not as much of an angle as the pictures above have, but it looks pretty good.

tailangle.gif

mystical

Established Member
I don't think I've seen chrome tails, maybe you mean stainless/polished tails?

The lx fox tails were actually made in chrome. Flowmaster and Mac I believe made them that way. I don't think we sn95's have a chrome option.

mystical

Established Member
Supposedly they do. According to the people I got these pics from, these are Fox LX tails. They actually look good, unlike tails that are supposed to be for SNs.

That's exactly what I'm talking about, looks sick:rockon:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
The lx fox tails were actually made in chrome. Flowmaster and Mac I believe made them that way. I don't think we sn95's have a chrome option.

I am sure my Flowmaster tails are Chrome. They are hanging in the garage. Next time I am in there i'll have a look at them.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I've been wanting to do this for quite sometime. just quietly waiting for the right oppurtunity. Now you bastards had to go ahead and let the whole world know.

LOL

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Ive seen pictures of the Borla catback, which has the tailpipes that angle upwards/flow with the bodylines....

A certain Yellow Cobra with chrome Saleens on this board comes to mind.....

ARdoller

Established Member
I've been wanting to do this for quite sometime. just quietly waiting for the right oppurtunity. Now you bastards had to go ahead and let the whole world know.

LOL
funny thing is, that some of the guys on sn95forums were asking about the same thing a few days ago.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
The answer is yes, my tailpipes are for a fox mustang... Oh yeah they are chrome tails from MAC.

Pictures please :)

When I get the watts link I'm going to a Mac cat back so I'll be in the market soon and I may just go this route, what size are your tips in the pictures you are hopefully going to post?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread