Do D plan pins expire?

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Quick question for you guys.
I worked at a Ford dealer for a little over 2 years from 03-05 and only used 2 of my pins in 3 calender years. I cannot remember my info to login to ford's site and I don't want to go throught the effort to find it if the pins are no longer any good. The '13 stang really has my attention.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
dont' know but if I were you I would dig it out and try it. worst that can happen is you find out they do.

if you own Ford stock (even 1 share) you can get x-plan plus any incentives they may have on them, assuming you can find a dealer that will give you x-plan

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the replies. Hopefully I can stop by a dealership and they will still have my info on file. D plan was great, it saved me a ton on my Lightning and a S197 for my mom. Hopefully those pins don't expire and I can use it on a '13 GT. :beer:

If anyone knows for certain or is willing/able to pull up my info I'd appreciate it! :rockon:.

Last edited:

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
D plan pins expire 1 year after they are issued. However if y
ou havent had an fmcdealer login since 05, fat chance the dealer kept you active. You have to be an active employee to be eligible. The difference between x and d plan I believe x is real close to invoice price. I know d plan is much more off than x. D plan also varies on how much depending on the vehicle. I've noticed a lot better deal on trucks than cars.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
D plan pins expire 1 year after they are issued. However if y
ou havent had an fmcdealer login since 05, fat chance the dealer kept you active. You have to be an active employee to be eligible. The difference between x and d plan I believe x is real close to invoice price. I know d plan is much more off than x. D plan also varies on how much depending on the vehicle. I've noticed a lot better deal on trucks than cars.

Thanks for the information, that is more what I expected, not what I was hoping for but I felt certain it was too good to last. D plan was awesome and saved me a boatload on my Lightning and my mom's S197 Mustang. I was just hoping that I might have one left to put toward a nice GT premium of my own for a daily driver so I could start restoring the F-100. My Edge I got for my mom to drive after she messed up her back and it's comfortable ride and heated seats have really helped her.
It looks like i'll just have to save a bit more. Thanks again 1wildhorse and everyone else, I really appreciate it! :beer:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the replies. Hopefully I can stop by a dealership and they will still have my info on file. D plan was great, it saved me a ton on my Lightning and a S197 for my mom. Hopefully those pins don't expire and I can use it on a '13 GT. :beer:

If anyone knows for certain or is willing/able to pull up my info I'd appreciate it! :rockon:.

1 year as stated above, i was just removed from my fmcdealer login about 6 weeks ago and i havent worked in the auto industry since last april.....

go to your old dealer and talk to a friend, im sure they will discount it to where you will like it.

Last edited:

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Thanks for the information, that is more what I expected, not what I was hoping for but I felt certain it was too good to last. D plan was awesome and saved me a boatload on my Lightning and my mom's S197 Mustang. I was just hoping that I might have one left to put toward a nice GT premium of my own for a daily driver so I could start restoring the F-100. My Edge I got for my mom to drive after she messed up her back and it's comfortable ride and heated seats have really helped her.
It looks like i'll just have to save a bit more. Thanks again 1wildhorse and everyone else, I really appreciate it! :beer:

Sure man. Keep in mind that d-plans can be given to relatives and in laws so, maybe you know someone close? ;-);-). Maybe have a friend in the dealer yet? g/l :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread