DIY/Megasquirt just dropped a bomb

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
@94 Cobra R

"Stupid question: Can you use gauges such as the Aeroforce Interceptor with the MS3 PNP?"

Its my understanding the OBD2 port no longer works but they do sell what appears to be a similar (and nicer) gauge

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member

I've been looking through that. I know I won't be able to run the smog stuff. My main concern is it deteriorating while not being used.

@94 Cobra R

"Stupid question: Can you use gauges such as the Aeroforce Interceptor with the MS3 PNP?"

Its my understanding the OBD2 port no longer works but they do sell what appears to be a similar (and nicer) gauge

Actually I'd consider that a good question as that has crossed my mind as well. I would probably need to come up with another way to watch my IAT2's.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I've been looking through that. I know I won't be able to run the smog stuff. My main concern is it deteriorating while not being used.

Actually I'd consider that a good question as that has crossed my mind as well. I would probably need to come up with another way to watch my IAT2's.

I dont have to smog my car here in FL but Im not sure what the side effects are of not having a functioning evap system, I don't want fuel smell.

here's their gauge:

Universal Gauge MS3Pro, MS3, MS2 - DIYAutoTune.com

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
So I'm really considering this as I'm about to make some big changes to my car and now would be the ideal time to switch ECU's. Plus I like the idea I can swap in my stock ECU for smog. But this leads me to my question:

Would my smog stuff be ok just sitting idly? Everything will still be there (EGR, EVAP, etc.) just not be used while the Megasquirt is in place. I need all that stuff there to pass the visual at smog time. And less hassle should I ever have to pop the hood. It's happened to me before.

Yep no issue there. Just leave it all in and plugged up, but they won't know otherwise.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Only if you vent the system to the atmosphere.

But since you're leaving it hooked up a lot of the recirc functions will be inop/valves will be closed. So no.

I definitely wouldn't vent to atmosphere. I'm trying to stay away from my garage smelling like gas.

This really isn't helping my decision. Having something to easy to tune and not deal with scaling sounds so nice. But there are a few little things I need to see if this ECU handles. Although since the 03/04 isn't out yet I still have time to research.

zredfire04

Established Member
I tried the MS2extra on my 95. Never could get it to run right.

Ended up with a holley hp setup and it ran great.

I'd piggyback a holley hp before swapping to ms3 pnp, but that's just from having such dramatically different experiences.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I love it so far. I have my Wideband wired to it for auto tuning and improved datalogging and just added an E85/fuel temp sensor on Friday for the car to be a true flex fuel. The tune changes to what % ethanol is is reading.

What wideband are you running? I am thinking of getting the dual wideband and E85%/temp gauge.

Who let the felcher back in using the svtperformance.com mobile app

JCDriller

Established Member
I have an innovative motor sports ethanol gauge and it’s off by as much as 13%. I wouldn’t waist my time there until they get it figured out. I have been speaking with one of their tech, although it’s harder now that the car is stored for winter

I really don’t think those flex fuel sensors are as accurate as you think they are. I certainly wouldn’t rely on one to adjust my tune

Attachments

• 99CD3D76-ABA4-4129-B99D-3A2015727415.jpeg
    99CD3D76-ABA4-4129-B99D-3A2015727415.jpeg
    499.6 KB · Views: 161

JCDriller

Established Member
If it was accurate I’d agree. I’m hoping we can sort it out with an update or a new sender or something. I can’t imagine this is normal for innovative.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
If it was accurate I’d agree. I’m hoping we can sort it out with an update or a new sender or something. I can’t imagine this is normal for innovative.

I forgot to refresh before posting, was referring to how godstang put his rig inline. I hope they can figure yours out though

Users who are viewing this thread