DIY Garage Rehab Thread

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
looks good!

Actually kinda thinking about just doing something like this on my back screened in porch, just gotta figure out the no-slip but so we don't kill ourselves letting the dog in and out

LostM

Established Member
how much you want to come do my house

HA! Depends where you are and what you want done. Im always down for side work

Looks good so far, don’t they sell something to mix in the clear so it’s not as slick when finished.

You can sprinkle sand in the top epoxy coat, I used colored chips to give it texture. I believe the also have a fine clear plastic material you can mix in to add texture. then you apply the clear top coats to seal it in. If this had been new concrete I would have had many options but because of its age and the numerous stains I wanted a uniform color so it wouldn't look so shabby. And yes I have a touch of OCD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I thought about sand, but i didnt really think it would be THAT slick when wet. If I could do it again I would go with a the clear /glass option to rough it up a bit

My94GT

Established Member
HA! Depends where you are and what you want done. Im always down for side work

I thought about sand, but i didnt really think it would be THAT slick when wet. If I could do it again I would go with a the clear /glass option to rough it up a bit

Good to know as I’m looking to do this in our garage this summer as well.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
If you can go to a Sherwin Williams contractor store they were a great help. The regular retail store and Lowes not so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

LostM

Established Member
Finished the lighting up. pictures and video dont do it justice.. HIGHLY recommend these things, super cheap and worth way more than they cost:

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Finished the lighting up. pictures and video dont do it justice.. HIGHLY recommend these things, super cheap and worth way more than they cost:

Excellent review. I'm scheming up ideas for the house I'm about to close on and this fits the bill perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread