Discount Tire Direct Update

Luke@DTD

Established Member
I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Luke and I am the new rep from Discount Tire Direct. Chris, the former rep, has moved on to bigger things. I can be reached at 888-459-4080 ext 410 or by email at [email protected] I am excited to get started...... :beer:

Last edited:

assasyn

Established Member
Glad for you to be here. Hopefully things will go a little smoother now. Thanks for being here.

Luke@DTD

Established Member
Thanks

assasyn said:
Glad for you to be here. Hopefully things will go a little smoother now. Thanks for being here.

Thanks - I am happy to answer any questions

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
I'm looking for a set of tires for my wifes 01 Beetle GL in the 225/50-16 flavor.

I live in houston, I'd like the most dry traction I can get(n20 is going on soon) but I NEED something good in the rain, especially standing water.

I was looking at the Ventus R-S2 Z212 or the G-Force Sports mainly, but if you have any other suggestions let me know...

xl2ockl3ottomx

Established Member
do you know if you guys have any 275/35-17 tires availible? id need two of them. thanks for your help, marc d.

Luke@DTD

Established Member
Yes, Pirelli builds a very sticky tire and this tire is all-season rated as well.
I would recommend a 275/40R-17 instead of a 275/45R-17.

Let me know.
Thanks
Luke
888-459-4080 ext 410

Cobra_im said:
are pirelli nero zero M&S tires very good 275/45/17 for a terminator cobra?

Luke@DTD

Established Member
Both of these tires are going to be excellent in dry traction, but both are limited wet traction tires.

I would recommend the Kumho Ecsta ASX or the BFG G-Force KDWS. Both will give you the best of both worlds.

Let me know. Thanks :thumbsup:

Luke
888-459-4080 ext 410

SC ZX3 said:
I'm looking for a set of tires for my wifes 01 Beetle GL in the 225/50-16 flavor.

I live in houston, I'd like the most dry traction I can get(n20 is going on soon) but I NEED something good in the rain, especially standing water.

I was looking at the Ventus R-S2 Z212 or the G-Force Sports mainly, but if you have any other suggestions let me know...

Luke@DTD

Established Member
I do not show any manufacturer that we carry making that size.

xl2ockl3ottomx said:
do you know if you guys have any 275/35-17 tires availible? id need two of them. thanks for your help, marc d.

Black Stang 97

Established Member
what tire would you recommend for these types of conditions.....have them on the car all year round, will see some rain, will be taked to the track a few times during the summer...in other words a all season tire with great traction.....drag radial maybe?? but which brand?

Luke@DTD

Established Member
I apologize for the slow response.

I sell both the Nitto Drag Radial and BFG Drag Radial. These tires are going to be great for the track (Dry Traction) but they are not meant to be driven in the rain.

What size are you currently running ?

Let me know and I can send you some info on a good all-season tire.

Luke
888-459-4080 ext 410
[email protected]

Black Stang 97 said:
what tire would you recommend for these types of conditions.....have them on the car all year round, will see some rain, will be taked to the track a few times during the summer...in other words a all season tire with great traction.....drag radial maybe?? but which brand?

Black Stang 97

Established Member
just wanted to say thanks to luke@dtd for the tires, great guy to deal with, placed my order one day at 4pm, received the tires the next day at 12....in less then 24 hours they were to my door....great prices too!!!! thankz man!!

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
Luke, Im looking to replace all four tires on my 03 Cobra for a road trip to TN to run the Tail of the Dragon. I don't need a super agressive tire and don't want to spend a ton of cash. Other than the Nitto 555RII's Extreme R's what do you reccomend? Don't really wanna run the twisties with drag radials with that soft of a sidewall.
I have an 03Cobra 17x9's. Looking for 245's in the front and 275's in the back. Toyo Proxes's maybe. Let me know please. Event is Oct 27-29th.

Luke@DTD

Established Member
Unfortunately, we do not sell Toyo.

Something you may consider, we have the Hankook Ventus V4 ES at a smokin price and also we sell the regular Nitto 555's (not the drag)

Here is the links to our website to see these tires :
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...cf=false&sw=false&cs=245&pc=11846&rd=17&ar=45
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...cf=false&sw=false&cs=275&pc=11851&rd=17&ar=40
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...cf=false&sw=false&cs=245&pc=40139&rd=17&ar=45
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...w=false&cs=275&pc=40170&rd=17&ar=40&tc=NITHV4

We also have road race tires like the Nitto NT01 and the Falken RT615 that will grip like a drag radial, but will handle the "twisties" much better because of the stiffer sidewalls.

Let me know if have any other questions or if I can help place an order. :thumbsup:

Luke
888-459-4080 ext 410

ByeOfficer said:
Luke, Im looking to replace all four tires on my 03 Cobra for a road trip to TN to run the Tail of the Dragon. I don't need a super agressive tire and don't want to spend a ton of cash. Other than the Nitto 555RII's Extreme R's what do you reccomend? Don't really wanna run the twisties with drag radials with that soft of a sidewall.
I have an 03Cobra 17x9's. Looking for 245's in the front and 275's in the back. Toyo Proxes's maybe. Let me know please. Event is Oct 27-29th.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I want to thank Luke for the great customer service I received. I ordered my tires Tuesday and they arrived today. Thanks Luke.

Users who are viewing this thread