Ding on driver side rear quarter panel ridge.

Austin Brian

Established Member

so a few months ago a pallet fell on my car and I got a pretty good ding, I was very sad.
I am speaking with a ding repair guy. He said I will need to remove some of the rear interior to gain access to the port so he can repair it properly.

What is the easiest way of going about taking the seats out and rear plastic panels?

Austin Brian

Established Member

I found this picture, that is the panel I’m guessing he needs access to and that’s the port that black square seems to be a rubber insulator and removing that gives access behind/within the panel.

that’s basically what I need to get to for him.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member

so a few months ago a pallet fell on my car and I got a pretty good ding, I was very sad.
I am speaking with a ding repair guy. He said I will need to remove some of the rear interior to gain access to the port so he can repair it properly.

What is the easiest way of going about taking the seats out and rear plastic panels?

You can remove the rear seats in less than a minute, at least the seat portion which is what you will want out. If you run your fingers on the bottom where it meets the carpet you will feel two release tabs, release and pull up and thats it.

For the side panel first remove your door sill plate, this will be attached by clips next to your seat. Pull up and you will hear them release. The other portion will be attached by tape, no need to remove it completely, once you pop the clips you can slide the rear access panel out. There will be a few push plastic fastners holding the rear panel on, remove those before doing anything with the rear panel. With the door sill plate loose start to pry off the rear side panel from front to rear, you will hear several pops as the clips release.

You should be able to have everything out in 10 minutes. If you need me to take pics of the release tabs, let me know. I have my seats out so I can take a good pic if needed.

Also if you need the seat back off its only a few bolts and very easy to do. This will be self explanatory once you lower the seat back.

Austin Brian

Established Member
Thank you a lot man, seems pretty simple. I found a guy on youtube taking them out for his sound system. it seems of 3 push pins and slide it out. He even left the seats in so I will try that, without marring plastic up of course lol.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread