Dinan Beemer versus Coyote auto

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I normally do not post over the border racing, but thought I would share this one. A buddy of mine just traded his 2k mile 15 Scat pack auto in on a 15 BMW M4 with DSG. The car is slightly used at 3k miles and came with Dinan flash and Dinan free flow exhaust to the tune of $6000 plus installed. It also included about 5 grand in extra carbon fiber parts (mirrors, front brake intakes, wing, etc.). Beautiful car btw. About 85k total with parts.

The 15 plus DSG M4's run 12.0-12.1 @ 119-120 mph bone stock. So I knew I was running an easy low 121-123 mph trap car as it sits. I was actually just trying to figure out how bad he is going to pull on me from a roll. It would at least give me an idea of where my cars sits on the totem pole.

We run two times from a 45-55 to 120-125 mph range. First run 45 mph I got maybe slight hit and pulled half a car. We stayed that way until I went into third gear and pulled another half car (very surprised) and held it to 125 mph and let off. Second run he wanted to start higher speed which was a little too high for my 2nd gear and out of peak torque at 55 plus mph. We both hit it about even and run neck and neck until my shift into 3rd which I put a 1/2 car up to 120 range. Coyote prevailed. My hats off to Lund tuning!

Myself and my buddy where pretty surprised. I sure at some point he would eventually reel me in and pass me. He has not talked to since Saturday morning. LOL. :D

My car is full weight gt/cs less spare with mods in sig. Enjoy.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Good kill. Have you run your car at the track? I have friends on stock intakes running high 11's low 12's at 120ish with similar mods. You may be surprised how quick/fast your car is.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
My car is on AS Nero's and stock converter. It will only do 2.00 flat 60' off idle and spins bad on the 1-2 shift. Plus my track is 1500" elevation. It is honestly runs better from a roll IMO with my current setup. Yes, 5c and drag wheels different story.

My buddy adds a JB4 piggy back (more boost) on some e85 and he will crush me. The Dinan S1's don't add more than 30-45 more ponies.

I do not know of any tune/midpipe auto coyotes on all season street tires trapping 120's with stock intake. ? Maybe a sea level -1500 DA day.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
My car is on AS Nero's and stock converter. It will only do 2.00 flat 60' off idle and spins bad on the 1-2 shift. Plus my track is 1500" elevation. It is honestly runs better from a roll IMO with my current setup. Yes, 5c and drag wheels different story.

My buddy adds a JB4 piggy back (more boost) on some e85 and he will crush me. The Dinan S1's don't add more than 30-45 more ponies.

I do not know of any tune/midpipe auto coyotes on all season street tires trapping 120's with stock intake. ? Maybe a sea level -1500 DA day.

Would definitely need tires. Tracks here are sealevel or a few feet below. And on good cold days -DA.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Great Run OP !

Also, I've never heard of just a Tune/Mid-pipe coyote trapping 120. LOL! Bit far-fetched, eh?

115-117, sure.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Yeah anything can happen. But, those typically dyno 460 range stock. Let's say with his mods he is only 475-480 whp conservatively. His car is also 3530-3600 curb weight which is lighter than my car by a tad. He weighs 165 and me around 195. So mathematically from a power to weight standpoint he should have won. Love that Cobra Jet and holding peak power. I only make one shift from 45-130 mph maybe helps?

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
And to add insult to injury the last time he was in town a year ago I beat up on his Scat. I had just put the CJ intake on with Bama tuning and was running 2-3 tenths and mph faster. He is a good sport. He has deeper pockets than me so my turn is coming I'm sure. Lol.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
11.9 @ 119. JMS tune and exhaust, and 235 all season tires. Can't help you guys run above sealevel.

Stock intake, stock headers, stock mid-pipe? Are we talking tune only, with axle backs running in negative DA in 50 degree weather?

Love to see this happen more than once. Glory runs shouldn't count as a norm IMO.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Stock intake, stock headers, stock mid-pipe? Are we talking tune only, with axle backs running in negative DA in 50 degree weather?

Love to see this happen more than once. Glory runs shouldn't count as a norm IMO.

stock headers, stock midpipe. Not my car so it's really not that big of deal to me. But it's run what I stated on more than one pass and several 12.0's. In hot air it usually runs 117. I ran him from a roll when my GT500 was very stockish I was trapping low 120's and from 40-130ish I pulled him by maybe a car.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
stock headers, stock midpipe. Not my car so it's really not that big of deal to me. But it's run what I stated on more than one pass and several 12.0's. In hot air it usually runs 117. I ran him from a roll when my GT500 was very stockish I was trapping low 120's and from 40-130ish I pulled him by maybe a car.

That is a strong coyote for sure. Was it base or premium? Lot of Guy's pull weight out to help.

One guy on here has a 11 gt/CS CJ setup weighing 3480 with him in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread