Differential mounting bushings

efnfast

Established Member
Are there any front differential mounting bushing kits that are similar material to OEM bushings so you can just change the front bushings and not the rear?

I notice several of the kits say when going to poly or solid you need to change the rear also or different stiffness of material can cause mounting points to fatigue and crack.

My fronts are shot and I'm lazy and don't feel like dropping the differential to do the rear if I can avoid it.

shurur

Established Member
I think energy suspension sells some that you could get away with using.
That is probably the closest you can get to rubber bushings.
# 41126 carrier bushings

efnfast

Established Member
Perhaps a better question might be, if I'm not tracking the car can I get away with just changing the front bushings to polyurethane, or do I also need to do the rear as well to prevent mounting points from cracking? i.e., is changing the rear only necissary if driving the car hard?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I think what op is referring to, is the front can be replaced without removing the the diff.

In saying that, you suggest removing it and replacing all?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I'd say so, yeah. So many times I would be on my back trying to juggle that thing, trying to perhaps save a step or two - and looking back it was never worth it.

Solidly locating that pumpkin is the first (and best) thing you should do for the irs, so do it up right and drop it and replace both fronts and back. Even the stock eggshell cover can live for a long time on a pumpkin that doesn't move.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd say so, yeah. So many times I would be on my back trying to juggle that thing, trying to perhaps save a step or two - and looking back it was never worth it.

Solidly locating that pumpkin is the first (and best) thing you should do for the irs, so do it up right and drop it and replace both fronts and back. Even the stock eggshell cover can live for a long time on a pumpkin that doesn't move.
I understand that. But my 90 notch has maybe 300 hp, it has a diff brace. I just don't see upgrading everything at this point in time.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
FWIW I only did the front diff mounts on my 01. I went with the poly because I got a deal. I only had those and the Billetflow diff brace. Never had a diff issue even with drag radials and a blown stroker.

Users who are viewing this thread