Different tire sizes throwing abs codes?

300AGT

Established Member
I got some P255-40 19" in the front 27" Dia. and P275-40 19" in the rear 27.7" Dia. I have had zero trouble .

scotmach

Established Member
get a tpms sensor they sell em at american muscle and have directions for how to use i got 9.5 in frnts 10 rears with no problems cause of the sync tool.
The TPMS sensors have nothing to do with the ABS system.
2. worst case i might have to get the rear fenders rolled out.

You have no fender lips to roll.......................

jack_feenix

Established Member
The TPMS sensors have nothing to do with the ABS system.

You have no fender lips to roll.......................

internet ninjas caught me slipping:

that is true with the tpms. i should of added that besides the tpms code i had no trouble with my abs codes.

with a fender rolling tool and a rubber brace type thing ive seen slammed ricers get the fenders flared out more with it to give more clearance for larger tires. So i see no problem with it getting done on mine if need be.

Any ways that is the only problem i can see with larger rears or tires is fender rub if you aggresively lower it especialy with hard cornering 10's might be to wide but im sure someone is figured that out allready so i will cross that bridge when i get there.

Grant808

Established Member
I got some P255-40 19" in the front 27" Dia. and P275-40 19" in the rear 27.7" Dia. I have had zero trouble .

Same here. No problems yet. The ABS system needs enough tolerance to not throw codes with a mix of new and bald tires and that could be more than 3/4" difference in diameter.

internet ninjas caught me slipping:

that is true with the tpms. i should of added that besides the tpms code i had no trouble with my abs codes.

with a fender rolling tool and a rubber brace type thing ive seen slammed ricers get the fenders flared out more with it to give more clearance for larger tires. So i see no problem with it getting done on mine if need be.

Any ways that is the only problem i can see with larger rears or tires is fender rub if you aggresively lower it especialy with hard cornering 10's might be to wide but im sure someone is figured that out allready so i will cross that bridge when i get there.

Er, I think he means that our fenders are pretty well rolled from the factory...Thanks, Ford. I don't miss doing that kind of body work.

jack_feenix

Established Member
Same here. No problems yet. The ABS system needs enough tolerance to not throw codes with a mix of new and bald tires and that could be more than 3/4" difference in diameter.

Er, I think he means that our fenders are pretty well rolled from the factory...Thanks, Ford. I don't miss doing that kind of body work.

ford did good but with the 10" rears i got it looks mighty close to a potential rub if u aggresively drop your ride height. Just something to consider, i sure as hell didnt at the time.

Frank A.

Established Member
Software program

Sent you a pm

plugged your numbers in the software

they came back as 1.4% delta which according to the software is acceptable

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
ford did good but with the 10" rears i got it looks mighty close to a potential rub if u aggresively drop your ride height. Just something to consider, i sure as hell didnt at the time.

There are people running 11s on sportlines so I think you're ok (depending on your offset)

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Sent you a pm

plugged your numbers in the software

they came back as 1.4% delta which according to the software is acceptable

Yeah I just logged on and saw your PM. From my research on various forums it looks like it'll be OK. The dude was just trying to sell me some rims. I just need to decide if I want to live with the front tires being taller then the rears since that's how AM sells them (which I find odd).

efuehrin

Established Member
I just put some 255/40/20s on the front of my G8 with 275/35/20s in the rear and I got the ABS code. Found out the fronts are 28" diameter vs 26.5 in the back. I'd also like to know what the acceptable tolerance is.

Users who are viewing this thread