DIfferences between VMP TVS and Whipple

Sirraf

Established Member
What are the pro's and con's between these two blowers? From what I see the VMP seems to be the best value, but is the Whipple more efficient? Are there any differences in heat, efficiency, etc? I would like to buy a Gen 2R VMP or a 3.4 Whipple in the near future, so I am just doing my research. My power goals would be 600-650 rwhp.

96gt02

Established Member
Hell you could do almost 600 with a stock blower if you go max effort, just have it ported with a 2.4 and a 10% along with a bigger TB, CAI and headers, or yeah just get a Trinity TVS and go for 650 super conservative with the right supporting fuel mods and pulley

MelloStang2010

Established Member
If you're only after 650-700rwhp go with a vmp gen IIR. On 91 pump gas my 3.4 feels lazy down low till it can spin up but its a completely different animal on E85. I have plans to build my engine so I bought a blower that ill be able to grow into down the road.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Give 1320 Junkie Performance a call, Jay can probably get you 600-650 out of your stock blower and can easily get it for you out of a Trinity TVS without even stressing it.

Users who are viewing this thread