difference in rear bumpers 99-04

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I know this isn't the correct spot for this question but this section get more traffic. And you guy's know a lot.

I am looking at a parachute for my 03 cobra. And the cost if you can find a real cobra rear bumper is too expensive to put a hole in it.

So I am looking for a 99-04 rear bumper. Has to be stock..

My question is: What 99-04 mustang bumper has the wording mustang on it with both exhaust cut outs?

Thanks.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I know this isn't the correct spot for this question but this section get more traffic. And you guy's know a lot.

I am looking at a parachute for my 03 cobra. And the cost if you can find a real cobra rear bumper is too expensive to put a hole in it.

So I am looking for a 99-04 rear bumper. Has to be stock..

My question is: What 99-04 mustang bumper has the wording mustang on it with both exhaust cut outs?

Thanks.

Mustang GT and Mach 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigja01cobra

Established Member
99 Cobras also have mustang on bumper... 2001 Cobras Have mustang and mach 1 bumpers but with Cobra instead of Mustang. 03-04 have completely different Cobra text bumpers.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
99 Cobras also have mustang on bumper... 2001 Cobras Have mustang and mach 1 bumpers but with Cobra instead of Mustang. 03-04 have completely different Cobra text bumpers.

01 Cobra would be pointless because he’d probably be paying a pretty penny for a one year only one that says cobra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KEVINS

Established Member
If it doesn't need the logo you can get painted bumpers on Ebay that actually look great.

ks

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Yeah that was the first thing I tried. Thought I could get 1 for 50-100$. But every place I called with-in 200 miles are either messed up, after market or V6 which has no exhaust cut out. Which would be perfect if I had a turbo and front bumper exhuast.

I am going to hit up apex svt here. See what we can figure out here.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member

cj428mach

Established Member
surely someone is parting out a new edge around you. Probably can get a ragged out GT roller/parts car for a few hundred bucks.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Thanks Black Gold 380R.

I just called on that 1. Said 125$ + freight @ 153$.
I might have the opportunity to pick up a real cobra rear bumper in decent shape for about that $ maybe 20 bucks more after gas.

You're welcome. Shipping costs more than the damn part. Shipping ruins all good deals LOL. Oh well, at least you gave them a call to see what they could do for you. Not much...........

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
surely someone is parting out a new edge around you. Probably can get a ragged out GT roller/parts car for a few hundred bucks.

1 would think that. I mean shoot this is MN where on any given snowy day you can find 5 driving around, just in your neighborhood. But for some reason bumpers are hard to find up here. Junk yards here don't take good care of plastic car parts. Alot are damaged. Even if they arrive in good condition.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
You're welcome. Shipping costs more than the damn part. Shipping ruins all good deals LOL. Oh well, at least you gave them a call to see what they could do for you. Not much...........

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. If not shipping fee's, now it's taxs aswell. Well If apex svt still has his slightly damaged SB bumper for sale looks like I am making the drive tomorrow to go pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread