Difference between Billetflow, Accufab, and LFP Throttle bodies?

ib_604

Established Member
shitty, i just looked on their website, and you can 'add to cart' but that doesn't really mean much...

dragon tb's are fairly nice, and i suppose of stiegemeier stocks them, they must be reliable.

whiplash306

Established Member
Well, lemme try again tomorrow. That could be GREAT news. Things might have changed as it's honestly been about a month since I've tried. Thanks for the heads up. I'll update tomorrow if I do in fact get the chance to make the call. If I'm unable to get it through them, I'll try Doug again. Fingers crossed!!!

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Well, lemme try again tomorrow. That could be GREAT news. Things might have changed as it's honestly been about a month since I've tried. Thanks for the heads up. I'll update tomorrow if I do in fact get the chance to make the call. If I'm unable to get it through them, I'll try Doug again. Fingers crossed!!!

Keep us updated, I may soon be in the market for a BF TB as well. :beer:

Tmac01baller

Established Member
Billetflow TB's are definitely still for sale and they can still be custom engraved! I just got off the phone with Doug and he confirmed this. He is a real nice guy and real knowledgeable about his products and their fitment with our cars. I will be ordering mine in the next week or so!

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
yes they still sell billetflow throttle bodys. i ordered mine last week. it will be delivered tomorrow. red with terminator engraved

Billetflow TB's are definitely still for sale and they can still be custom engraved! I just got off the phone with Doug and he confirmed this. He is a real nice guy and real knowledgeable about his products and their fitment with our cars. I will be ordering mine in the next week or so!

:thumbsup:

Tmac01baller

Established Member
Interesting. The website says OUT OF STOCK. 2003 SVT Cobra

Glad you guys were able to get them. Anyone try to order the plenum?

Yeah I know, that confused me as well. I mentioned it to him and he said he just hadn't gotten around to changing it to In Stock. I told him he's got everyone on SvtPerformance thinking they are no longer in production lol.

whiplash306

Established Member
I didn't think this thread was too, too old to resurrect.....soooo, I figured I would.

Anyways, my wife bought me a brand new Billetflow TB for the Terminator this Christmas....man, what a BEAUTIFUL piece of precision machinery!!! So my questions is this though. What size are these throttle bodies? For reference, all my old Mustang GTs would have like 65mm or 70mm TBs. So in discussing this with my buddy last night, I realized that I had NO IDEA what size this TB measures out to be.

For your viewing pleasure!!!!

0a745d63.gif

a0a1c13c.gif

Anybody know???

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn't think this thread was too, too old to resurrect.....soooo, I figured I would.

Anyways, my wife bought me a brand new Billetflow TB for the Terminator this Christmas....man, what a BEAUTIFUL piece of precision machinery!!! So my questions is this though. What size are these throttle bodies? For reference, all my old Mustang GTs would have like 65mm or 70mm TBs. So in discussing this with my buddy last night, I realized that I had NO IDEA what size this TB measures out to be.

For your viewing pleasure!!!!

0a745d63.gif

a0a1c13c.gif

Anybody know???

Not sure on the size, but damn that is an amazing looking piece!

I thought I seen a thread some time ago about people discussing tuning or idle issues with different types of TB's? Is this true?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i've ran an Accufab for 6yrs and havn't had a single issue, the BilletFlow piece is very nice as well! i'd rather donate money to a Mexican drug cartel than support LFP tho....
NVR LFT has a brand new Accufab for sale, PM him. he bought it for a whipple but then went with the 3.4 Crush....

disasterpiece83

Got Beast?
Established Member
im with yea on that one. i have only had my Accufab for about 8 months. that is one solid piece. very very well built. i recommend for sure. :beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Mostly old stuff in this thread but none the less most of it is good info.

IMHO any aftermarket throttle body is only going to give better throttle response and not much power.

HOWEVER!!!

If the inlet/plenum is changed or welded and ported to a larger or better flowing unit, then the advantages of these various throttle bodies can be realized in power increases.

The BBK twin is also a nice piece that has larger twins and retains the velocity characteristics inherent in the twins design.
BBK Twin 65mm Throttle Body (03-04 Cobra) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

I feel this is a must watch video for anyone interested in replacing a Throttle body on our cars. Watch both vids, they are very informative.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/745638-welded-ported-plenums-w-video.html

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's great info there Jimmy.

For what it's worth, when I added an Accufab TB/Plenum to my setup (approximately 450rwhp at the time) my net gain was approximately 7rwhp. Throttle response, though, was night and day different. At the time, just the improved throttle response made me happy I invested in this. JMO.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Mostly old stuff in this thread but none the less most of it is good info.

IMHO any aftermarket throttle body is only going to give better throttle response and not much power.

HOWEVER!!!

If the inlet/plenum is changed or welded and ported to a larger or better flowing unit, then the advantages of these various throttle bodies can be realized in power increases.

The BBK twin is also a nice piece that has larger twins and retains the velocity characteristics inherent in the twins design.
BBK Twin 65mm Throttle Body (03-04 Cobra) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

I feel this is a must watch video for anyone interested in replacing a Throttle body on our cars. Watch both vids, they are very informative.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/745638-welded-ported-plenums-w-video.html

Welding and porting a stock tb/plenum might show extra gains of 2 to 3 hp over one of my nonwelded but ported stock tb/plenums. In the end it's still a stocker and can only do so much. That's why I don't weld them to keep the cost down for customers.

A ported Dragon on an Eaton pushing say 17lbs or more of boost is worth 10-15hp over a ported stocker.

Or a ported stocker is good to about 520hp and after that a ported Dragon will beat it out every time. Anything under that hp and a ported stocker is as good as anything. Other than throttle response just like you said.:beer:

I tested a non ported stocker, ported stocker, ported Accufab, and a ported Dragon on the dyno and on my own car a while back. Pretty interesting stuff and here's the thread about with all the info.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/posi-performance-330/664918-ported-throttle-body-testing.html

I also just completely welded the inside radius of a Dragon plenum to where it was a complete straight shot to the blower and the inlet on the blower was as large as it could be. The car showed no gains at all over a regular ported nonwelded Dragon plenum and the regular inlet on the Race Port. I also did more work to the blower itslef too and it still showed zero gains on the dyno with all testing being done on the same day with the car staying strapped down.

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I have a BilletFlow, and zero issues. I would think all the larger aftermarket single blade T-bodys perfrom about the same.

fvjjhv.jpg

1z164go.jpg

smbybl.jpg
I have the Billetflow as well. It has the correct geometry cam on it so the cruise control works just like stock. (unlike Accufab which uses the 2000 Cobra R cam which is incorrect for the 03-04 Cobras)

The added throttle response is there and idles perfect after setting it and adjusting the TP sensor.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i've ran an Accufab for 6yrs and havn't had a single issue, the BilletFlow piece is very nice as well! i'd rather donate money to a Mexican drug cartel than support LFP tho....
NVR LFT has a brand new Accufab for sale, PM him. he bought it for a whipple but then went with the 3.4 Crush....

Agreed! I like to spend my money with vendors that have honesty and integrity. Search for my "I've been ripped off" thread and you'll see what I mean about LFP!
This thread had well over 20,000 views before the sticky was brought down. Just a word to the wise.

Ray H.

Users who are viewing this thread