Diesel f-250 vs my 01 cobra

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
I nearly cried myself the whole way home tonight. I got beat by a 05 F-250 6.0 Turbo Diesel. He had RBP exhaust and some other upgrades from what I could see. But I was at a langth and saw him pull up next to me, and I looked up at his truck and said nice truck, I have one myself but in a dually, he replied with a thanks and made a comment on the cobra. So I took off at normal speed till he dumped a ton of black exhaust into my car as he speed up. I wasn’t going to sit in his exhaust so I speed up and passed him. At the next light he laughed and said let’s run. I already knew he was going to be fast, but not this fast. I got traction after a split sec and started to get too speed, and all I saw was him cont. to pull on me and I was shifting at 6,500rpms. He kicked my ass till about 80 then it was over, I took him. But still he gave me a great run. I pulled into the in and out and he fallowed me in and he said he was a not so active member here, so if he reads this, man your truck is sick!

Big props to turbo Diesels. Now I must get my Whipple installed soon. He took me off the line, But I got him in the top end. :beer:

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Ha, yeah, those things can actually be pretty damn quick.

There was a lifted dually, 4-door, that outran my friends 06 V6 Mustang, I was laughing the whole time.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Haha nice death! Never underestimate them Diesel truck running around :burnout:

People think mine is a good 'ol family hauler until I lay out a cloud of ashy smoke and blow right by em :banana: Now and days there are so many mods out for Diesel trucks it's incredible - you can never tell how fast one is gonna be. :beer:

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
i give Diesels a lot of respect. after i watched Horsepower tv and saw one put out 500 to the wheels with a banks system propane and nitrous, DAMN!

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
ID3Racing said:
I nearly cried myself the whole way home tonight. I got beat by a 05 F-250 6.0 Turbo Diesel. He had RBP exhaust and some other upgrades from what I could see. But I was at a langth and saw him pull up next to me, and I looked up at his truck and said nice truck, I have one myself but in a dually, he replied with a thanks and made a comment on the cobra. So I took off at normal speed till he dumped a ton of black exhaust into my car as he speed up. I wasn’t going to sit in his exhaust so I speed up and passed him. At the next light he laughed and said let’s run. I already knew he was going to be fast, but not this fast. I got traction after a split sec and started to get too speed, and all I saw was him cont. to pull on me and I was shifting at 6,500rpms. He kicked my ass till about 80 then it was over, I took him. But still he gave me a great run. I pulled into the in and out and he fallowed me in and he said he was a not so active member here, so if he reads this, man your truck is sick!

Big props to turbo Diesels. Now I must get my Whipple installed soon. He took me off the line, But I got him in the top end. :beer:

Give me that Cobra :)

REPCobra10

Established Member
I saw a big white F-250 with the 7.3L Powerstroke V8 raised up on 30 something inch mud bogger tires run a 10.8x @ I forget what mph. I about pissed myself laughing so hard. I had no idea they could be that fast. I guess TURBO + BIG CUBIC INCH MOTORS = SUCCESS AT THE DRAG STRIP! Anyways, all take it easy.

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
well the diesels have some much potential, i actually ran into him gine this morning, turns out he works in the sam auto mall as i do. he has a HUGE turbo setup i saw this morning. he said it was a custom setup done by Garrett and RBP. but its scary he had time slips in the low 12 and when he had just a single turbo F-350 he was pushin close to 10's

CSWEDE02GT

Love my Mach
Established Member
ID3Racing said:
well the diesels have some much potential, i actually ran into him gine this morning, turns out he works in the sam auto mall as i do. he has a HUGE turbo setup i saw this morning. he said it was a custom setup done by Garrett and RBP. but its scary he had time slips in the low 12 and when he had just a single turbo F-350 he was pushin close to 10's

I love effin with ricers in my Excursion PSD....the banks kit is awesome. I haven't dyno'd my truck but it's well over stock (which is around 260RWHP). The turbo lag sucks, but once it kicks in WATCH OUT!! Stock PSI is 27lbs FYI. :eek:

There is a clip of a 7.3 F350 4X4 lifted on 35's destrying an RX7 at the dragstrip with a sub 12 run. Pretty funny to watch. :thumbsup:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Sweet story thier! Thier is a Silver Dodge Dissle here on base that claimes over 1000whp and over 1000wtq! And I don't doubt it. This thing is quick. Both fog lights are removed, and it thier place is the intake for each huge turbo. Big ass dulley, and I bet he runs high 11s.

FordRacing200

Banned
HalfTime said:
Sweet story thier! Thier is a Silver Dodge Dissle here on base that claimes over 1000whp and over 1000wtq! And I don't doubt it. This thing is quick. Both fog lights are removed, and it thier place is the intake for each huge turbo. Big ass dulley, and I bet he runs high 11s.
I doubt it, it is VERY hard to make over 1000hp in a diesel without spending over 30k dollars. He'd need a new reciprocating assembly, etc. etc. Maybe 800hp, but 1000 is beyond what even banks pulled out of a TT duramax!

ScottsMach03

Established Member
I have a buddy that owns a diesel performance shop, with a mustang dyno installed. He pumped out 800hp, 1500lb's of tq. I saw the dyno sheet. Was insane. He also ran low 12's at 110+. Never saw that run, but everyone in my town talked about it. Funny thing is, he doesn't live in the same town as i do, but everyone knows his truck.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
FordRacing200 said:
I doubt it, it is VERY hard to make over 1000hp in a diesel without spending over 30k dollars. He'd need a new reciprocating assembly, etc. etc. Maybe 800hp, but 1000 is beyond what even banks pulled out of a TT duramax!

You may be right, but this same guy also drives a bad ass Viper, so I am sure money is not an issue for him. Now, my knowleg of his 1000+whp is second hand from a guy I work with, his brother in law did the tunning. So you may be right, he could have bean blowong smoke up my ass, but I don't give a shit, that thing is big, quick, and mean. The twin turbos on that thing are as big around as my arm each! And it screems. I have never seen him race it, only seen him drive at about 35mph on base, but still...

MayorofTrukvile

Established Member
freind of mine has a 2005 Ford F-350 Crew Cab PSD we raced a 1999 Cobra from a dead stop and stayed door to door till 85mph only mods to the truck was a Edge w/Attitude good for 100hp at the rear tire, the Cobra spun a bit off the line but still all parties was suprised that the truck didnt get spanked bad.(if you look at a dyno on a Powerstroke hp and torque falls like a brick at high rpms 3200+ and some programers do not remove the speed limiter on those trucks thank god Dodge forgot to put them on Cummins powered trucks) I run a Bully dog Progam that can add up to 230 rwhp, on my Cummins gas burners just dont offer that kind of plug and play uprating, As far as 30k to make 1000hp with a desiel, so one is paying way to much for parts, you might have that after you have a custom built tranny, torque convertor and rear end, but not in the motor alone. you could drop in a 3208 CAT alot cheaper and make even more power

bmfgsxr

Established Member
thats some sick truck action right there. im actually a bit suprised at how fast those things run. i knew some could run quick, but not that quick. at least for the norm.

cobra29svt

Established Member
ID3Racing said:
i give Diesels a lot of respect. after i watched Horsepower tv and saw one put out 500 to the wheels with a banks system propane and nitrous, DAMN!

we must have watched a different episode. the one i watched, they put down 800hp and pegged the dyno w/ 1200tq. they are sick. imagine what a diesel engine would do in a 3000/lb car

MayorofTrukvile

Established Member
cobra29svt said:
we must have watched a different episode. the one i watched, they put down 800hp and pegged the dyno w/ 1200tq. they are sick. imagine what a diesel engine would do in a 3000/lb car

Whats crazy is that truck still has a stock turbo on it, which is only good for 36psi Imagine if they had put a set of twins even just swapped the housing, usually to that kinda hp u need around 60psi min. all they did was put on a NOS and Propane injection kits, swap injectors, and install Crazy Larry,

If you know what a desiel would do in something lite ATS and some other site have video's of a ultra lite S-10 and dragsters, they are running low 9's in the 1/4

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Good death. I had one try and go for the win but I edged him out. A banks HD F-250. Sweet trucks and super fast for how cheap the mods are.

Users who are viewing this thread