Did you go to your 20 year reunion?

Adower

Established Member
My 20 year high school class reunion is supposedly going to happen next year. For those of you who went to yours was is worth the time going? Luckily, travel time would only be a few hours by car.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
my 10 year reunion was in 2019 and I didn't bother going. Just a ton of people trying to flex money they don't have, or their parents money. People reliving memories of how they peaked in high school, etc.

Everyone I gave a damn about I kept in touch with, so didn't feel particularly obligated to attend. And realistically if I wanted to attend a high school reunion, I'd just hit up the bars near my old high school... lots of them didn't make it far.

Blown 89

Established Member
I went to a private school with a graduating class of 24 so I went. We had kept in touch on Facebook and a few of us helped each other cope with the loss of family members. No flexing, no drama, it was a lot of fun and I was glad I went.

You can always leave if it's terrible but you can't undo missing it.

q6543

Established Member
My 20 year was in 2019 ... it was dope AF
We all went tubing and kayaking down the river.

I started getting in shape 2 years ahead of time so I could be jacked with abs to shxt on my ex's.

It worked flawlessly and was soo much fun. Highly recommend 10/10

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I don't even know if we had an actual 10 year, or if we will have a 20 year.

Someone brought up the 5 year to me, after it had happened. I guess it was an invite thing on FB (which I don't have) and people got bent out of shape because they assumed someone was going to foot the bill at the bar?

Not sure why anyone would think they wouldn't have to pay for their own shit but it made me glad I didn't go.

We sort of had a 10 year, or around that time because of a vigil for a buddy who committed suicide. It was nice to see people that I hadn't seen since graduation, I chatted with my elementary school crush for like an hour. That was a bit of a treat.

q6543

Established Member
FWIW... I found that the high school clickness had dissolved.

Every one was very nice to everyone else after 20 years... we All had this 1 thing in common through life.

I had meaningful conversations with people that I had never even really spoken to.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
My 20th would have been this year ('01). Haven't heard of any reunion any year though, so I guess I wasn't invited or perhaps there just hasn't been one.
Most people enjoy them from what I've gathered.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Only went to my 30th. 10 years ago. Took the wife who just had a baby. She had some big boobs and looked great. She's 10 years younger so I was a proud rooster. However I got hammered and some clown just couldn't leave her alone. Came close to a rumble, which would have been just like the good old days.

JimCSHO

Established Member
Went to my 20 and 25, had a great time. Got to know some people that I didn't really know in high school (we had 541 in our graduating class so there were people that I just never met or had much contact with).

Going to my 50 year next month.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nope. My 20 year class reunion was in 2019.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread