did you get a steal when you purchased your cobra?

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
just wondering how many guys got a steal on a new/used terminator. I know I stole mine.

I was digging through some old papers in my garage and ran across my bill of sale for my 03 cobra.

it was 11-23-2009 I paid $16,404 + tax with 20,474 miles on my car.

today the car has 32,579 miles.

I could easily get 16.5k + for it if it was stock. I feel I got a steal on my car when I got it. it also helped that I worked for the dealership that I got the car from. we took it in on trade and they really must of low balled the guy...

car mods when purchased

anniversary wheels (still have these wheels on the car to this day)
diablo "red devil" chip (I still have this chip in a box in my garage)
flowmaster mufflers (barf sounding on our cars. my first mod. ditched for borla stingers)
k&n air filter (long gone)

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
Damn man that is a great deal right there!!

I dont feel that I stole mine, but the way it worked out couldn't have been better.

I was trying to sell my bike with no luck and was looking for a modded 03/04

Paid 14,300 plus my bike (valued at 7k but I hadnt been able to hook someone for that price) so $21,300

78k miles
2.9 whipple
ID1000s
RXT
T56 Magnum
SS Bassani mid and catback
18" saleens and H&R springs

Guy handed me 14k in receipts all within the year that he owned the car.

Probably would have been a 17k car without all the mods so I figure I did ok.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Damn man that is a great deal right there!!

I dont feel that I stole mine, but the way it worked out couldn't have been better.

I was trying to sell my bike with no luck and was looking for a modded 03/04

Paid 14,300 plus my bike (valued at 7k but I hadnt been able to hook someone for that price) so $21,300

78k miles
2.9 whipple
ID1000s
RXT
T56 Magnum
SS Bassani mid and catback
18" saleens and H&R springs

Guy handed me 14k in receipts all within the year that he owned the car.

Probably would have been a 17k car without all the mods so I figure I did ok.

great mod list and ya that was a good deal for the mods added.

mkb116

Established Member
This was the last car I paid market price for... bought it a little over 7 years ago for 22k with 15k miles. I probably have more than that in mods now. But a huge chunk is the built motor after staying in boost too long. Doh!

Last edited:

TVSCobra

Established Member
I think so, nine years ago I bought my one owner, Black 10th Anniversary coupe 17k miles. I paid 23.5.

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I bought my 03 10Th anni cobra with 13K miles for 20K. It had a lot of suspension work but stock otherwise down to the filter. I sold it after a year and a half of ownership with 27K miles for 20K.

I wished I didn't have to sell it years ago as I could have probably sold it for 30-35K based on today's prices :)

Noreast

Established Member
i paid market price for mine. 11,600 miles, (12,800 now ) basic bolt ons that would've cost me a few grand and it's comp orange I paid 28.5 exactly a year ago. Car is flawless and I've never been happier. Worth every dollar to me and that's all that matters !

Last edited:

cdurbin328

CDurbin328
Established Member
I feel like I got a great deal on mine as well. I bought 4 months ago for $20k with 9100 miles on it. pretty much completely stock except for Borla exhaust and a 2.8 pulley. The convertible boot is still in the plastic. I'm the 3rd owner. It was ordered new here at a local Ford dealer and has never left the area.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
nope .. didn't steal it but I got what I felt was a good deal on a 2500 mile Mystichrome

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Not a steal here, but I believe I got a good price. I also bought mine back in 2010 and it was mostly stock except for different wheels, x pipe, and triax shifter. 20k miles and I paid 19,500.

2003CobraOx

Established Member
I bought this: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1066680-FS-2003-Cobra-Kentucky
back in April for $19k. I definitely wouldn't call it a steal, but it was the exact car that I wanted so I jumped on it. However, I am the 4th owner in the last 18 months which made me a little nervous.

I discovered several other "goodies" that weren't in the FS-post mod list:
MGW shifter
Metco idlers w/6# lower
BilletFlow 3.1" SC pulley
Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix subframe kit
Head cooling mod
Eaton is painted black so I know it has been off of the car -- possibly ported?

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
In 2006 Cobras were fairly hard to find in Texas so I had to settle for Redfire, ended up spotting it at a Toyota used car lot for $25k and traded in my 2000 Lightning. My current car was part of a trade deal for my previous '06Z that had 70k miles. After the trade plus cash I figured I was into this Cobra for around $20k, which wasn't bad considering it already had a built teksid and twin turbos.

Last edited:

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
market here, I think
bought in 06 4500 miles stock, $24k.
9 years later rims, intake , cutback and 24k miles

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Def. not a steal but there was a lot of money invested in it already and I really wanted it. Like the saying; "a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay"

Screamn03

Snake In The Weeds
Established Member
Bought mine new in Aug of '03 for roughly $28,400 (A-plan invoice price), out the door it was right at 30K with taxes plus the 3K Mustang incentive they had going that month. I think they marked the car up 3k over A-plan and then discounted it with the incentive so they could make some money. Had to go to Ohio to get it, all the local dealers in CA were asking 6K over sticker (41-42K). CA dealers made it sound like they were giving me a deal paying MSRP and wouldn't honor A or X plan pricing since they knew they could sell them for whatever they wanted. A guy local to me paid 53K for a 10th anniversary 'vert.

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
I probably paid a record amount for mine in 2014 but where can you find a brand new terminator in today's market.

Users who are viewing this thread