Did run 11.49@ 122 now only12.0 at 117 what happened..

03Blown

The Cobra has slowed considerably. First off i want to say it ran a best of 11.49 at 121.78 with a 1.704 60 footer. before I went back to the track I installed a stereo system in the trunk which I suspect added al least 200 lbs which would make up for about 2 tenths of the time im off. Heres where I need some info. I have noticed that not all the time both tires will turn in the burnout box which tells me th diff is going. Now if it is going or gone with only one wheel spinning will that slow the car down 2 to 3 tenths? to me is seems it would but just wanted some advise... Also what can I do to prevent it from happening again beside going with a straight axle. Is the hardened shafts good? Prices? Thanks to all....

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
One tire spinning indicates the clutch pack disks are worn. You can rebuild the traction lock differential with a new clutch pack with better disks but if you do alot of racing and burnouts the clutch pack will wear out again eventually! Unless you have less traction where you're spinning more, this should not slow you down ET or MPH wise. Thats related probably to a loss of hp and torque for whatever reason. Like you said the added weight will slow you down. Upgraded half shafts will reduce the risk of breakage. Check out the thread on TracTech differential for some advice on a different differential. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread