Did I ruin my paint?

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
So before the winter weather hit, I stripped the car with a dawn wash + a regular wash, did a clay bar and put a light coat of wax on the car before finally covering it up. It sat covered for about 6 months until today when I took it out did a very light dawn wash again followed by a 2nd normal wash to get rid of all the dawn residue. As the sun is rising up, the entire car looks like it is covered in dust. Except you cant wipe this off and it is all speckled and rainbow colored from the sunlight.

I did a light paint correction once before an removed a shitload of imperfections in the paint, but now this looks ten times worse than all the scratches that were there before. Anyone know what might be going on? The car didn't see any adverse weather, and was garaged all winter. Lowest temp it saw was maybe in the low 50s.

Hope I didn't royaly **** the paint over in some way I was unaware of. :bash:

31BCobra

Established Member
I tried to get a picture of it, but once the sun was up I could not get the right angle to see the speckles. I will try again in the moring. It definitely needed to be hit with the clay bar. Used a plastic bag and the surface was all bumpy. Clay bar'd a small spot to do a side by side in the moring. Hopefully that and a light buffing is all it really needs.

31BCobra

Established Member
Well, I still could not get a picture of it. Honestly, these speckles have probably been there all along but I just happened to notice it in these very specific light conditions. As soon as the sun rises some you cannot even see them.

Users who are viewing this thread