Did anyone get the Mach 1000 stereo system?

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
Did anyone get the Mach 1000 stereo system? if so..how much over msrp did you have to pay??
thanks

hoodedsnake

Established Member
The mach1000 is not available on the '03 Cobra. This car is heavy enough as it is, just turn up the volume pedal under your right foot.....LOL

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by hoodedsnake
The mach1000 is not available on the '03 Cobra. This car is heavy enough as it is, just turn up the volume pedal under your right foot.....LOL

Ahhh yes, you must be referring to the "supercharger button":lol:

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
maybe its just me, but i would have loved to get a mach1000...the 460 just does not cut it..

i8u

Established Member
No your not, I wanted it too....But have completely forgotten about it.:beer:

cobrablue

Established Member
whoever said you cant get the mach 1000 for the cobra is wrong. i took my car from dealer stock but, if i wanted to order one i could have added the 1000. it costs 1200 bucks, all it is is a couple more amps and 2 small sub boxes one in each corner of the trunk. the salesman from my dealer said he saw one that a customer ordered. he said the subs in the trunk looked cheesy. he felt it was not worth the money at all. he said it sounded good but for what you were getting above the stock 460 was definately not worth 1200 bucks.:chicken:

hoodedsnake

Established Member
It wasn't available on first run order or retail purchase and my second run DSG due in October won't have it because it is NOT available on the Cobra!

Your dealer was wrong what a rare thing that is eh?

03DOHC

Established Member
Unless they changed the options on the order sheet, the Mach1000 isn't available as an option on the 2003 Cobra, or I would've checked that box when I ordered mine.

svt-tmleader

Established Member
No, there is no option for the Mach1000 on Cobra, only GT and V6! Sorry, but it's kid of a waste of $1295 (IMO). No room for the clubs (or anything else) in the trunk!

Moonlight96GT

Established Member
No option here either.....

We would have got it, and rigged some kind of quick release for the amp rack under the back window sil. Slide it out when you need to load the car with some luggage for a nice weekend get-away! :D

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
I have the Mach 1000 in my convertible GT(but I got it for substantially less because I really didn't want it). I wanted a Premium 5 Speed Mineral Grey GT Convertible and the only one within 100 miles had the Mach 1000 option.

It's basically bolted in and can be removed but it's not an easy removal. It adds approximately 70 pounds to the car. It does produce a ton of bass but it lacks mid-range and highs(of course all cars have this problem when you are driving 70 with the top down:)) As far as space in the trunk, forget about it. I have enough space to put my laptop bag and that's about it. If you want to know anything else about the system, PM me. I probably would save your money and put in an aftermarket system.

Users who are viewing this thread