Diagnose 14' Noise

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Hi Guys,

Hope I'm putting this in the correct section.

I've had my 5.0 for 1 year almost exactly. It has less than 3K miles.

I started noticing this sound after I had some work done to the car. The first mods were Borla S-type Axle Backs, Ported CJ Manifold, Cat-Deletes which were welded, SCJ Mono-Blade TB, Custom Intake and a Tune. I started to noticed what I truly thought was a leak. When passing cars or K-rails and such, you could here a fast-paced ticking/pinging noise under light throttle coming from my car. I decided to get rid of my Cat-Deletes as they did leak prior to getting welded and they felt like they were still leaking after the fact they were welded and buy a Lethal O/R H Pipe.

Even after the H-pipe swap, I can still hear this noise while accelerating and it is still a somewhat fast paced tick/pinging noise. More so, it sounds like a rapid "CREAKING" noise.

The clutch is stock, driveshaft is stock and all suspension is stock. Drew checked my car out and couldn't really find anything. At first when I had the Cat-Deletes, he said it was most likely the pipes torquing from movement after revving and it was causing that noise. Now with the h-Pipe, it does the same thing.

At stop lights or idle, I can sometimes here a "click/Creak/Ping" going on/off every 4-5 seconds. I don't always here it, but, I have been hearing it more.

I'd rather avoid taking my car to a Dealer as the 3-4 near me that I've brought in previous cars, they always beat the crap out of it and leave the car dirty, etc.

Anyone else run into this problem?

BTW - It is not the famous tick as I do know what that is, and my car doesn't have it.....Yet...

Thank you for any help.

-Chris

Users who are viewing this thread