Diablo III OPEN Beta Weekend

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
never played it, I know all about it though, guess Ill give it a shot rather than waste $60 buying it to not like it.

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I had it preloaded as soon as they announced it at midnight...only to find out it isnt open till 3pm est Friday :(

Ebeeson0502

Slowbra
Established Member
I got into beta back around the first of February, you only get to play through act 1 its its kinda lame. Doesn't really have that epic feeling like D2 did back in the day.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I beat it the other week. The game is sweet but the chapter was too short, I wanted more!

I just got my Panda (WoW exp.) beta invite today so that's probably what I will be trying out.

Ebeeson0502

Slowbra
Established Member
I beat it the other week. The game is sweet but the chapter was too short, I wanted more!

I just got my Panda (WoW exp.) beta invite today so that's probably what I will be trying out.

Clearly WoW boarded the gay train with the panda mess. I quit about 5 months ago lol, was a player since release :(

92z28

Established Member
Clearly WoW boarded the gay train with the panda mess. I quit about 5 months ago lol, was a player since release :(

They had pandas in WCIII back in 03 plus they were going to be the new Allaince race in Burning Crusade. The exp isn't so much about the pandas but all the new features. I can't wait to play my druid.

Anybody else still play Diablo 2?

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Just finished the Beta, pretty good. Was hoping for some Cinematics though. Those were what really just blew me away the most in the Diablo II days.

Game play was smooth, used my touchpad mouse for the entire first chapter. Talk about a PITA.

Went with Barbarian, not sure I'll play through with anymore of the other characters during the open beta. I get bored pretty quick seeing the same thing over and over. Skeleton King took me a while to kill. Not sure how I feel about the dudes for hire being able to respawn when they die. I mean it helped a ton, but felt strange.

Overall, I'm sure I'll be pleased when my C.E. arrives. If not at least I'll have another copy of DII and a fancy thumb drive

GodStang

Established Member
Of course it comes out the weekend I have to work. Love 1 and 2. Will pick up 3 when it comes out.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
well its pretty good i think. ive played through 3 of the 5 classes so far to lvl 11. ill probably try to max out at 13 on all five classes tomorrow.

i don't like the lack of stat points, (they are auto placed). And Im not sold on the skill system yet. I liked mouse scroll and hotkeys.

Everything else is better or the same though.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Just finished the main quest with a Barbarian. Seems pretty good so far. I dont take off running from things when i'm trying to attack nearly as much now.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
well its pretty good i think. ive played through 3 of the 5 classes so far to lvl 11. ill probably try to max out at 13 on all five classes tomorrow.

i don't like the lack of stat points, (they are auto placed). And Im not sold on the skill system yet. I liked mouse scroll and hotkeys.

Everything else is better or the same though.

That's very surprising, in reference to the allocation of stat points. Is that just for the beta you think? It seems odd that they would take out such a huge customization aspect of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread