DEWlite no more more for 05'

TIAMAT

Established Member
It seems that the new mustang will not be built on the LS/T-bird platform after all. It will be built on a focus platform and have a solid axle and IRS variants. This mustang will not be ready in 04 as an 05' model. Ford has no idea what they are going to do.:bash:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I just read in the latest Motor Trend that the new Mustang will be on the LS platform and will be out in late 2004 as a 2005 model and they will continue to offer special anual models.

Where'd you get this info?

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
It's going on a shortened DEW chasis. It will be a 2005 model released in late 2004. It will be stronger, lighter, ride better and handle better. ;-)

IF NOT! I'll be in the new M-3!

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by GR8WHITE
It's going on a shortened DEW chasis. It will be a 2005 model released in late 2004. It will be stronger, lighter, ride better and handle better. ;-)

IF NOT! I'll be in the new M-3!
I also read that, cant remeber which magazine though.........

TIAMAT

Established Member
www.blueovalnews.com says that the DEWlite platform will not be used. A rwd version of the focus platform will be used on the 05'. This is a big problem for people waiting for the 05'. It should have been alot farther along to make it's now later than previous release date. Remember that the NEW stang should have been out for months right now. :bash:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
BON is smoking crack.

If Ford does do that, then I've bought my last Stang! We've used a POS Fox chassis since 1979, which was not desigined for the car. If Ford thinks alot of people will keep buying Mustangs on an even worse chassis they're nuts! The Mustang needs a purpose designed chassis for once. I'm tired of making due. I'll just be heading over to the BMW dealer tomorrow to discuss the release of the Z-4.

Last edited:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I talked to my guy at Hendrick yesterday. The new Z4 is a tad bigger than the Z3 it replaces. It is still in the works right now, as in testing. It will be ready before 2005 I'm sure. If I go to BMW I'll be going that way. I had originally thought M3, since I thought the Z3 was a touch too small for me. This newer model fixed that. It having more than 330 HP was a nice selling point as well. ;-)

TIAMAT

Established Member
Z4 is butt ass ugly. I like all cars. M5 is one of my favorites but the new Z4 is getting slammed by all the BMW entheuisasts sites. Rightly so IMO. These two cars don't even compare. Don't be a fool, get the Beamer no matter how ugly it is. Better car!

Last edited:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I like the Z4 from what I've seen. It isn't a drastic departure from the Z3, just a touch bigger. I think it'll be like the new 7 series. It will take a little getting used to, but when people get used to it they'll realize the newer one is better.

Users who are viewing this thread