Detroit Wheels

tgasTT

Established Member
Anybody purchase a set of Cobra rims in 18x9 and 18x10.5 from them? Are they identical to AFS and OEM. If anyone has pics of them installed please post....thnx.

FKing1

Established Member
I bought the sizes you quote in chrome. The chrome pitted and corroded in 3 yrs. Michigan winters with salt on the roads. I did take care of them even in winter. Bead seats got so corroded the tires would not hold air. They are made in China.Finally had the chrome stripped and the rims powdercoated.

I would not buy them if you run in winter where salt is used.

tgasTT

Established Member
^^^^thanks, I will not be driving in rain or winters so shouldn't be a problem? Are they identical to stock or the AFS ones? Can you post a pic?

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
I have them in chrome 18's. They are the exact same. I have had them for a couple years with no problems. I dont have any close up pics, just these
WebIMG_0437.jpg

WebIMG_0436.jpg

tgasTT

Established Member
^^^that looks great!....oem caps and what size tires? Lowered and IRS bolt shaved or replaced?...sorry for all the questions...:shrug:

Nino S

Established Member
^^^that looks great!....oem caps and what size tires? Lowered and IRS bolt shaved or replaced?...sorry for all the questions...:shrug:

+1

I dont think that you need to shave or go with no profile bolt with 18" wheels, somone correct me if I am wrong

FKing1

Established Member
I bought mine from a local Wheel Shop in Inkster, Michigan. I am lowered 2" with 275-295/35/18's. IRS bolt not shaved and no interference.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member

Oem centercaps. 275/35 Nitto in front, 305/35 Nitto drag radial in rear. Kenny Brown springs with nothing done to the IRS bolt. I do have a 1/8" wheel spacer that isnt really needed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread