Detroit Wheels 17 X 10.5 03 Cobra Replica Wheels

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
I currently have one set of AFS 17 X 10.5 inch wheels for track tires and and was looking to buy another 4 17 X 10.5 inch rims for more track tires. I am very happy with the quality of the AFS Wheels.

Recently I noted that Jegs has an 03 Cobra Replica wheel in 17 X 10.5's listed for $166.99 vs the AFS Wheels price of $219.00.

Does anyone have experience with the Detroit Wheels Cobra replica rims? Was the quality as good as the AFS wheels?

Any info would be appreciated.

Gord

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
What's the offset/backspacing of those Jegs wheels? All the 10.5" Cobra replica wheels seem to have the same backspacing that AFS wheels do... and I think they're all made in China. Sometimes I wonder if these wheels aren't all coming from the same manufacturer in China. :shrug:

-Greg

Hissss5

Oni 1
Established Member
I ordered 4 Chrome Detroit wheels (Style 815s) for my Cobra. I got them from Jegs for $218. ea for the 17/9's with 26mm offset. There are just as good as the stock wheels.I also put 1 inch spacers on the rear looks really bad a$$.:burnout: :coolman:

Last edited:

Hissss5

Oni 1
Established Member
Originally posted by Top_Fuel
What's the offset/backspacing of those Jegs wheels? All the 10.5" Cobra replica wheels seem to have the same backspacing that AFS wheels do... and I think they're all made in China. Sometimes I wonder if these wheels aren't all coming from the same manufacturer in China. :shrug:

-Greg

The 17/10.5 has a offset of 27mm.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Originally posted by Hissss5
The 17/10.5 has a offset of 27mm.
Yep, same as AFS wheels (6.9" backspace/27mm offset). I still suspect they're all made at the same place... which would be a good thing because those wheels from Jegs sound like a great deal if they are as good as AFS wheels

-Greg

Last edited:

acatalon

Established Member
I have a set of 10.5's from Jegs..on the back of the wheel on the spoke it is stamped AFS.

mosconiac

Established Member
There are but a few foundrys for all the wheels made..I've heard as few as 6 for all the wheels made in the world. That may be BS, but it kinda makes you think.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Originally posted by acatalon
I have a set of 10.5's from Jegs..on the back of the wheel on the spoke it is stamped AFS.
:eek: Hmmm...maybe we just found a cheaper source for 10.5" wheels! :thumbsup:

-Greg

FKing1

Established Member
I have a set of 18" chromies from Detroit Wheel. Excellent quality. The shop I bought from says they are made in China where polution controls are non existent and therefore they do a better job on chroming. Don't know if this is so, but, sounds good to me!
Fred K.

YGETV8

Established Member
Warning: thread hijack about to occur! (sorry)

Mosconiac, please shoot me an email at [email protected]. I have tried to email/pm you a couple of times, but I never seem to get through to anyone when I go through the message board! Doh! (nothing bad... just wondering how your car's mods and/or warranty issues are coming along). Thanks, and I now return you to your regularly schedule thread! Jay

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
When will they make a 17x10.5 with the correct backspacing so we can fit a 315 BFG Drag Radial under there without grinding or spacers or BOTH?

Walt D

Established Member
I have a set of their 17 x 9 inch bullets and the center caps that
came with them had AFS labels and part numbers scratched out
of them but still legible enough to read. One rim I did receive had
a bad casting spot in one of the spokes that leaked air, but JEGS
swapped it out with no problem.

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
Wow, that Jeg's price is great. I was wondering how the detroit Wheels compare to the OE Concepts wheels.
I am interested in a pair of replica 17x10.5 inch chromes, and the best price I have found is $227 per rim for the OE Concepts replica from Tires-n-parts.com: http://www.tires-n-parts.com/wheels/oec/mustang_svt.htm

What is the best price you are all finding out there for 17x10.5 chromes?

Users who are viewing this thread