Detroit man gambles away $1.5 million accidentally given by ATM

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Should have kept withdrawing, and then one big bet all on black. If he won, he could have redeposited the original money, and kept the 1.5 million winnings.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting that the prosecutor went light on him, instead blaming BOA "for allowing the withdrawals to take place". This story kind of reminded me of the funny DirectTV "Don't Wake Up in a Roadside Ditch" commercial the way it unfolded. This one could be titled "Don't Wake Up in a Jail With Bad People". LOL!

jrandy

Established Member
nothing like gambling with money thats not yours, only to find out that you now need to repay it.

karma... it's a bitch

mysterio

Established Member
ROFL ordered to pay it back. Good luck with that.

nothing like gambling with money thats not yours, only to find out that you now need to repay it.

karma... it's a bitch

We'll probably see this guy on Detroit's "Hardcore Pawn" TV show, rolling in with all his junk and saying, "yo, I needz 1.5 mil on dis X-Box and flat screen, dog."

And if you think that's an exaggeration, you haven't seen the show.

keith89

Established Member
We'll probably see this guy on Detroit's "Hardcore Pawn" TV show, rolling in with all his junk and saying, "yo, I needz 1.5 mil on dis X-Box and flat screen, dog."

And if you think that's an exaggeration, you haven't seen the show.

I'm not sure i could stand watching that show from the sound of it. I would probably punch a hole in my tv in anger because how dumb ppl are. I really believe at least 75% of the population is retarded...Don't believe me, join me for my short 35min. commute into Manhattan every day.

mysterio

Established Member
I'm not sure i could stand watching that show from the sound of it. I would probably punch a hole in my tv in anger because how dumb ppl are. I really believe at least 75% of the population is retarded...Don't believe me, join me for my short 35min. commute into Manhattan every day.

You watch that show to THANK GOD that you're not one of the people on that show.

But yes, I get exactly what you're saying. I"m in the financial services (thankfully never worked for BoA), and I could likely match you, story for story, on how stupid people are. Especially in their financial decisions.

tistan

Established Member
This is what is wrong with our legal system. This guy should be spending at least 10 years in prison.

"prosecutors said his crime was a "lapse of judgment" and placed blame with Bank of America for allowing the withdrawals to take place."

Dude withdrew $312k in one day. How the **** is that a lapse of judgment. Then they blame it on BOA. Maybe they should have prosecuted the bank president as an accessory for the mistake that allowed this piece of shit to commit a criminal act.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
This is what is wrong with our legal system. This guy should be spending at least 10 years in prison.

"prosecutors said his crime was a "lapse of judgment" and placed blame with Bank of America for allowing the withdrawals to take place."

Dude withdrew $312k in one day. How the **** is that a lapse of judgment. Then they blame it on BOA. Maybe they should have prosecuted the bank president as an accessory for the mistake that allowed this piece of shit to commit a criminal act.

He's a criminal for taking advantage of their mistake, but in the end, it was their mistake. I think 10 years would be excessive.

tistan

Established Member
He's a criminal for taking advantage of their mistake, but in the end, it was their mistake. I think 10 years would be excessive.

He obviously knew he didn't magically acquire $310k. This man would steal your car if the keys were left in it. If he walked in the bank and the vault was open with $310k sitting there and he took it would he be a criminal or just someone taking advantage of the banks mistake of leaving the vault open? In the end it was his mistake for stealing the money, and he should have to pay dearly since he stole more than he will ever be able to pay off, and he knew it when he took it.

Users who are viewing this thread