Detonation

necron

I own a 2002 GT, I have just installed a V-2 SQ-Trim Super charger Vortech. I installed 42lb Injectors, an Anderson Power Pipe, a 99 Lighting Mass Air 90mm, and Denzo plugs a few degress cooler, I have a Diablo delta chip in it, (programmed for my car) When I drive it after about 3,500+ rpms it detonates, only happened once I babied her home, My thoughts are that the problem is in the timing that it is receiving two much. My question: How much can you adjust timing through a chip?

necron

Pump 93 Octane, yes the chip was suppose to be pragrammed specifically for my Application, But I'm very certain the problem is in the timing, How much can ajust timimg simply by programming the chip?

Blown306

Established Member
To answer your question...enough to melt pistons. In my EEC-IV, I can add 63 degrees of advance at any rpm.
:eek:

What pump are you running to support #42 squirters?

necron

255lph fuel pumps they come with the Vortech systems, Appreciate the info on how much the timing can be adjusted threw the chip. Thank you

2002 GT Mineral Grey
Vortech SQ-Trim 10-12lbs Boost
42lb injectors
90mm Lighting Mass air/Diablo Delta Chip
70mm Throttle boddy
Aluminum Drive shaft
Chrome Moly Strut Tower Brace
Pro-5.0 Short Throw Shifter
17" Cobra R Triple Plate chrome rims
Eibach Pro Spring kit
Tokico Illumina 5 Ajustable shocks & struts
Billet Grille
Carbon Fiber Altezza rear tail lights
Complet Infinity Gold Sound System

Future Mods: After Cooler I want that extra 40-60HP

Blown306

Established Member
Some other things could be causing your problems as well, like load calculations (tables are not scaled correctly). You'll need to datalog with a WB02 to really see what's going on. I assume you're not running hot either...

Maybe have Diablo reburn the chip for you or verify the spark tables and scalars...I've seen bad burns in the past. One value being off can screw the pooch big-time. I would probably start there. Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread