Detailing stuff other than your car

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Just detailed my snowblower.
This stuff just sits in my cabinet for 6 months anyway - lol.
1639144530081.jpeg

1639144563511.jpeg

Started doing it a couple years ago. Really helps to reduce snow/ice accumulation, clean-up, and rust prevention. I also liberally spray the auger/chute area. My garage isn't heated, so if I spray it on and it freezes, so what.
I also do a little detailing on my trimmer & mower.

Anyone else detail your lawn equipment?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I do minor snow blower detailing for the most part trying to reduce the amount of accumulated snow when I use it. I don't have the time to do a full on detailing job, though. Too much other stuff to deal with around the house. LOL.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Just detailed my snowblower.
This stuff just sits in my cabinet for 6 months anyway - lol.

View attachment 1730481

Started doing it a couple years ago.

Still looks new, do you have any rust starting up anywhere??? Just got a gas blower this year and already doused it in Fluidfilm, they salt real heavy in our neighborhood. Was planning on doing that before the season and a powerwash at the end for rust maintenance. Do you do anything else aside from Im assuming a wash and spray wax???

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
The wife and I detailed a 100 year old sewing machine last month that works like a top. She has three of these and I get pulled into assisting. The one in the pic gets a new veneer top after the holidays. She details and sharpens knives too.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Still looks new, do you have any rust starting up anywhere??? Just got a gas blower this year and already doused it in Fluidfilm, they salt real heavy in our neighborhood. Was planning on doing that before the season and a powerwash at the end for rust maintenance. Do you do anything else aside from Im assuming a wash and spray wax???

Always read/heard good info on Fluid Film. I've sprayed some in the door/rear gate of our Explorer and Escape.

Bought this blower new in 2013, never washed it. Around here they go a little lighter on the chlorides (sodium/magnesium/calcium). I just spray with sealant/coating/detailer and brushed-off after use. Rust starting at seems/welds. I need to buy some expensive green touch-up paint - lol.
Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 8.07.40 AM.png

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I clean up the Ariens each year when I do the tune up using the same kind of products as the OP. Trying out Nexgen on her this year, though. I've had good results with it on my truck so I figured why not. I also use a product called Sharkhide on areas I want to protect more substantially. It has a texture to it so certainly not something to use where you don't want snow to stick.

Lawnmower (Honda walk-behind) gets a thorough cleaning above and below during tune-up time. In between, I'll occasionally hit it with the hose.

Users who are viewing this thread